Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I wanted some insight on my next step. I've had my 2015 Eco for a little over a year I got it pre owned at 28k miles and I'm now at 41k.
I've installed:
- JLT Catch can
-Pre gapped NGK plugs.
  • -Flowmaster outlaw axleback
  • - MAPerformance Cold air intake with K&N oiled filter(got intake preowned and the original filter was a little too tattered for the clamp)
  • -CvFab catted downpipe
  • -CVFab Street intercooler
  • -Cobb AP with Stage 1 93 tune
Would my next step be protune or should I upgrade my charge pipe to accommodate increased boost? Or maybe replace my low side fuel sensor which I never got around to (also how would I monitor its health on the accessport?)

Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hi everyone I wanted some insight on my next step. I've had my 2015 Eco for a little over a year I got it pre owned at 28k miles and I'm now at 41k.
I've installed:
- JLT Catch can
-Pre gapped NGK plugs.
  • -Flowmaster outlaw axleback
  • - MAPerformance Cold air intake with K&N oiled filter(got intake preowned and the original filter was a little too tattered for the clamp)
  • -CvFab catted downpipe
  • -CVFab Street intercooler
  • -Cobb AP with Stage 1 93 tune
Would my next step be protune or should I upgrade my charge pipe to accommodate increased boost? Or maybe replace my low side fuel sensor which I never got around to (also how would I monitor its health on the accessport?)

Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.
Looks like you are setup for a stage 3 map based on your mods. You can either do that or go straight pro-tune. I am getting PDTUNING to tune me soon when I get my FP turbo and 12psi wastegate installed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you are setup for a stage 3 map based on your mods. You can either do that or go straight pro-tune. I am getting PDTUNING to tune me soon when I get my FP turbo and 12psi wastegate installed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I'm thinking I'll skip any higher Ots maps, I've read they aren't optimal unless you're using all cobb parts. I've decided on PDTUNING as well when I do get a protune.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Charge pipes are purely cosmetic (even though I have a set of Injens that I love!).

I'd take a look at a pro tune or try working on the suspension (irs support, sway bars, springs, etc).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charge pipes are purely cosmetic (even though I have a set of Injens that I love!).

I'd take a look at a pro tune or try working on the suspension (irs support, sway bars, springs, etc).
Do you recommend a place to start on upgrading suspension? Also is american muscle/cj the place to shop for those parts or are there other vendors that are better?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Do you recommend a place to start on upgrading suspension? Also is american muscle/cj the place to shop for those parts or are there other vendors that are better?
I personally like Steeda and have outfitted many of my mods with their offerings. You can't go wrong with Eibach. BMR also seems to have done their homework when it comes to the Mustang. You can find any of these manufacturers in the two retailers you listed, along with LMR, Summit or Jegs. Steeda has their own direct sale website, and I gotta give a shoutout to maperformance for also having a very solid website with many offerings at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Steeda ia awesome to go to direct. Often they offer a 10% discount thru a promo code and they ship quickly. The products they manufacture are of the highest quality on the market.

Reactions: Tony12140

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I personally like Steeda and have outfitted many of my mods with their offerings. You can't go wrong with Eibach. BMR also seems to have done their homework when it comes to the Mustang. You can find any of these manufacturers in the two retailers you listed, along with LMR, Summit or Jegs. Steeda has their own direct sale website, and I gotta give a shoutout to maperformance for also having a very solid website with many offerings at reasonable prices.
Would the parts I need to replace vary if I have the performance package?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steeda ia awesome to go to direct. Often they offer a 10% discount thru a promo code and they ship quickly. The products they manufacture are of the highest quality on the market.
Thanks I just signed up and got the promo code. Might end up ordering a thing or two today from them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Irs subframe 'stop the hop' starter kit and full length jacking rails have just been ordered. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can also upgrade the diverter valve and wastegate actuator. Anything over 7lb spring needs a pro-tune.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts