Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo
Am just wondering if there's any concrete news yet about the S650? When is it anticipated to be revealed? Looks? (am biased, can't imagine anything looking better than s550)....
Engine options? Gearbox??

Most of what I see on the internet is speculation at the moment. ...

I doubt it will reach South African shores before 2024.... am sure there will be a long waiting list...

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost Premium 10R80 w/ Black Acct Pckg
14 Posts
Hallo
Am just wondering if there's any concrete news yet about the S650? When is it anticipated to be revealed? Looks? (am biased, can't imagine anything looking better than s550)....
Engine options? Gearbox??

Most of what I see on the internet is speculation at the moment. ...

I doubt it will reach South African shores before 2024.... am sure there will be a long waiting list...
I think the only thing set in stone is the model year (2023) so US unveil should be sometime fall 2022. Given that from what I've read its a modified version of the current chassis but fitted to the CD6 platform (ford explorer) I would assume it look fairly similar but get updated styling cues (ie similar headlights to the Mach-E). Given that its on the CD6 platform which has a hybrid, I think its a safe bet that the base engine (ie our 2.3) will probably be a hybrid pick. I doubt on the V8 being hybrid, at least initially, I think emissions standards will force it to go hybrid a some point. Ford has been pretty vocal about keeping the manual alive, at least for the V8 as well.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I think the only thing set in stone is the model year (2023) so US unveil should be sometime fall 2022. Given that from what I've read its a modified version of the current chassis but fitted to the CD6 platform (ford explorer) I would assume it look fairly similar but get updated styling cues (ie similar headlights to the Mach-E). Given that its on the CD6 platform which has a hybrid, I think its a safe bet that the base engine (ie our 2.3) will probably be a hybrid pick. I doubt on the V8 being hybrid, at least initially, I think emissions standards will force it to go hybrid a some point. Ford has been pretty vocal about keeping the manual alive, at least for the V8 as well.
It will be interesting! Wondering where the "National Mustang Racing Association" will place the S650 Hybrid?
I race my Ecoboost in the (SST) Super Stang class. Which is for mildly modified S197/S550 Mustangs.

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 6-speed manual, premium
35 Posts
The gt is supposed to lose a few horsepower due to added emission concerns, but I think I heard through the grapevine that BOTH gt and ecoboost will be getting hybrid options

1 - 4 of 4 Posts