Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3T/6A with aftermarket PP.
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a pinging sometimes at high RPM, since I can only get 91 octane, and the best octane to use in these cars is 93, I need an octane booster that works like it advertises, or need to get racing fuel and boost the octane that way. any recommendations? Thanks guys

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amsoil P.I. - formulated for direct injection boosted applications.

does it work like they claim? have you used it? thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
634 Posts
You and I may be on the same adventure from different angles. Pursuing this from a water-meth perspective addition here.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You and I may be on the same adventure from different angles. Pursuing this from a water-meth perspective addition here.
yeah I'm running regular unleaded 91 premium

·
Registered
634 Posts
Meth is cooler air and effective octane boost my friend. Doing the tuner search now then nirvana!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
634 Posts
From a cost effective standpoint (one we hate to admit but does reign supreme) I'd proffer looking at a 91 octane tune. A lot cheaper and easier.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
does it work like they claim? have you used it? thanks for the suggestions
Yep. Swear by it. I research stuff till its dead, and i came to this conclusion. I run a fairly aggressive tune that requires fuel to be consistent. I use this to insure that it is, not necessarily to “gain” anything. Just to eliminate octane inconsistency in the fuel.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The octane boosters you see advertised that claim they raise the octane 5 points really mean .5 or octane goes from 91 to 91.5. the Torco octane booster is real but is very expensive for daily use. You need a quart to raise 91 to 96 on a 15 gallon fill. At $20 a quart that is mighty expensive.

If your car is stock there is no reason it should be knocking on 91, I would take it in and have the car looked at because something is wrong. If it is tuned you need to get back to the tuner and have it adjusted so it doesn't knock.

Dave

·
Registered
925 Posts
I've used Torco Accelerator for the entire time I've had my car (3 years) and the performance has been excellent.

Reactions: ecoboost15

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The octane boosters you see advertised that claim they raise the octane 5 points really mean .5 or octane goes from 91 to 91.5. the Torco octane booster is real but is very expensive for daily use. You need a quart to raise 91 to 96 on a 15 gallon fill. At $20 a quart that is mighty expensive.

If your car is stock there is no reason it should be knocking on 91, I would take it in and have the car looked at because something is wrong. If it is tuned you need to get back to the tuner and have it adjusted so it doesn't knock.

Dave

Not its not entirely stock, it has the GT-350 CAI and the Ford Performance Tune

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,161 Posts
Not its not entirely stock, it has the GT-350 CAI and the Ford Performance Tune
When you say your getting knock how much are you getting per cylinder?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When you say your getting knock how much are you getting per cylinder?

How would I measure knock per sensor? I'm guessing a good scan tool?
I'm not entirely sure its knocking, it only happens at WOT intermittently/sparsely and no other time.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.