Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got this alert on my ford pass app.
I called the dealer and they asked me to bring it in on Friday but they aren't sure what needs updating.
Anyone else get this?

mustang.jpg

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
What model year do you Have?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2017 ecoboost. I have never had the ecu serviced as far as i am aware.
This came from within the ford pass app

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's odd that you seem to be the only person who received this and posted about it. I found a similar thread at 6G, but it was also you...

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Well, I also have a 2017 model, but did not receive that notice.
But, Ford did put a couple of different ECU versions in earlier Ecoboost Mustangs including the 2017 model.
Maybe only certain ECU versions are affected?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an appointment in the morning. They will have to explain it before they do anything.
I have the ford pass app and it came in there.
I'll post when I return
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
The only thing i have on Ford Pass for my 17 is a Customer Satisfaction Recall for California Emissions. From what i read there are parts that should have been included in your emissions warranty that were missed and they want you to come in if you had paid for a repair that should have been covered, presumably to be reimbursed. I got an addendum in the msil for the emissions warranty booklet but the notice on Ford Pass won't go away.

Funny i have not had my 15 for over 3 years and i still get notices for the gas tank insulator and door latches.

Dave

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back from the dealer.
I walked in and showed them the message and they looked and couldn't see anything so I left.
What was interesting though was that I was told that the fordpass app is run by a 3rd party and not ford.
If this alert shows up in your app you should be wary
Thanks for all the input guys. Stay safe out there

·
Registered
356 Posts
Totally bogus. "Your 's engine ..."? Was the notice addressed to "Occupant"? Methinks someone is trying to flood the dealers with bogus visits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts