Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone faced Battery Drain problem after installing this Unit? If yes, how did you resolve this.
I have PX6 8.1 from Phoenix
Mustang Ecoboost 2018

·
Registered
968 Posts
Should not run power down. Could always make the radio power on by fuse 23. Use a tap, accessory. So only turns on when key is pushed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Should not run power down. Could always make the radio power on by fuse 23. Use a tap, accessory. So only turns on when key is pushed
Can you please be specific, I am sorry I didn't quite get how to do. I know for Radio fuse is 33 inside the car fuse box.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I’m saying it shouldn’t be draining. It should be doing routine fuse command, power on and off.
But if it continued to cause battery drain, I’d move the power to the accessory fuse. Everytime you hit accessory/key on Itl turn radio on.

but downfall, it won’t power up when doorsopen up

imo isn’t a big loss

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m saying it shouldn’t be draining. It should be doing routine fuse command, power on and off.
But if it continued to cause battery drain, I’d move the power to the accessory fuse. Everytime you hit accessory/key on Itl turn radio on.

but downfall, it won’t power up when doorsopen up

imo isn’t a big loss
The radio doesn't turn on when the door is open, it turns on when I press the ignition button (without running the engine).
I would have to check about moving the power to accessory idk how to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why would you think radio is draining battery then? I’m sure it turns off. The power is cut off when you get out and lock car
As I have been struggling from this problem since beginning of this year but in short
I do have tested out individual circuits from the radio no drain found right-away and overall car battery drain when the car is locked is around 50-75milliamps which I believe is normal?
At one point the battery was replaced as well but was fine only for a month and then again draining issue started
The drain is sometimes when I don't drive for couple days or for a week or sometimes just after a day or sometimes If I have driven short distance.
I don't have any specific answer what causes the drain but these above are some scenario's

Later removed the radio fuse (33) from the fuse box and never saw any drain, tested for couple weeks without radio on. so definitely radio being the suspect.

I do see the radio get's off when the car is locked but my suspect is there is a possibility that the radio is trying to turn on or any particular wire is draining the battery randomly when the car is locked.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have not tried it, but I have to say there is something to be said for tactile switches. If every time you want to change the radio, raise or lower the heat or turn on the bun warmer or bun cooler, you will have to look at the screen and to me that is too distracting. I am not going to disagree that it really looks nice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As I have been struggling from this problem since beginning of this year but in short
I do have tested out individual circuits from the radio no drain found right-away and overall car battery drain when the car is locked is around 50-75milliamps which I believe is normal?
At one point the battery was replaced as well but was fine only for a month and then again draining issue started
The drain is sometimes when I don't drive for couple days or for a week or sometimes just after a day or sometimes If I have driven short distance.
I don't have any specific answer what causes the drain but these above are some scenario's

Later removed the radio fuse (33) from the fuse box and never saw any drain, tested for couple weeks without radio on. so definitely radio being the suspect.

I do see the radio get's off when the car is locked but my suspect is there is a possibility that the radio is trying to turn on or any particular wire is draining the battery randomly when the car is locked.
I was watching a video on installing this radio and in the comments someone had mentioned something about battery drain. The comments to his question said something about splicing wires. Hope this helps (may have to dig through the comment section to find it.)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts