Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone on here that is near Woodbridge NJ that has a cat back exhaust installed? I want to give my car a bit more sound but all the sound clips on the interwebs sound like ass. I would love to hear one true to life. Can anyone help out? Thanks

Don

·
Registered
903 Posts
Is there anyone on here that is near Woodbridge NJ that has a cat back exhaust installed? I want to give my car a bit more sound but all the sound clips on the interwebs sound like ass. I would love to hear one true to life. Can anyone help out? Thanks

Don
I saw Woodbridge and initially thought VA but then saw you are in NJ. Probably a good 2.5-3.5 hr away from me... I'm running no mufflers and no resonator at the moment with a high flow cat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw Woodbridge and initially thought VA but then saw you are in NJ. Probably a good 2.5-3.5 hr away from me... I'm running no mufflers and no resonator at the moment with a high flow cat.
I am looking for a deeper tone. Not mind blowingly loud. Still want to be able to cruise 70-80 mph without turning up the stereo

Don

·
Registered
903 Posts
I am looking for a deeper tone. Not mind blowingly loud. Still want to be able to cruise 70-80 mph without turning up the stereo

Don
I initially went with MBRP. You can get it for around $500 on Black Friday sales from AM. It's loud but cruising it isn't too bad. Even with the muffler deleate it's only bad on cold start.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can have a listen to my MBRP street if you want to drive up to Sussex county. I'd happily come down to you but there's no reason now that the track is closed. Sad!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm no where close to NJ since I live in AZ, but for what it's worth. I have the MagnaFlow street fatback and I love it.
It has a deeper tone than stock and not too loud on the highway. Now at WOT, it's pretty loud and it sounds great!
Check out the sound clips on the American Muscle website. They have several to check out. I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can have a listen to my MBRP street if you want to drive up to Sussex county. I'd happily come down to you but there's no reason now that the track is closed. Sad!
I will PM you to set up a meet sometime. Question for you. Do you feel that the exhaust sounds the same in the videos on the net? And how loud cruising on the highway compared to stock?

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where is there a Racetrack in Northern NJ? Anyone know?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don, I wouldn't rely too much on sound clips. Around 2 - 2.5 k during light and heavy acceleration it's a little too much for my taste. Especially next to a jersey barrier. 20 years ago it would have been fine. Cruzing at highway isn't bad at all. Pulls to 6k sound terrific. It's not a daily driver so overall I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Island Dragway is where I go. Independence Twp in Warren Co.
Great. Thanks. I will have to check it out. I can only assume they do a Junior class or something like that like what Darlington does down south. I used to race there and they would do Juniors racers for $10.00 entry fee and $15.00 race all night until first pro race.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts