1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

If they make the next mustang a challenger sized platform, I think that's a mistake.
The S550 might be the last truly great Mustang. I hope I'm wrong. Truth be told, a couple of years before I actually got the Mustang, I was sure I was going to get my hands on a Camaro. Then I rented a Mustang for a road trip in early 2016 and fell in love. It'll be a little sad to see the Camaro go bye-bye. The late 80s Iroc-Z was one of my all time faves.

At the same time, I do believe that tastes & demand are cyclical. SUV's and crossovers have been hot for a while. I remember in the 80's and 90s there were so many coupes to choose from. On that same note, though, I'm really happy my wife let me keep the stang after we just had our baby earlier this year. It's just us three, so we use her SUV, if we ever ride as a family. And the backseat is serviceable for the infant carseat if I need to ferry the kid somewhere and its just us two. My baby LOVES riding in the stang. I can tell she likes the G's back there. LOL. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 6 yr old loves my convertible. I’m keeping it and it will be his first car.

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My belief is the Mustang will continue in some form or other, whether it be Hybrid, full electric or SUV.
It's the only one of the 3 that went global with factory RHD versions.
While Ford is getting out of sedans, the Mustang "Brand" is too iconic and valuable to Ford to let die at the moment.
That said, the next model version S650 will have a lifespan of 8 years... What happens beyond 2030 is of course anyone's guess.

Here is Australia, they stopped offering LHD imported and converted RHD Camaros with full factory warranty, early this year, mainly because of the high retail price point versus the Mustang, but maybe also because they knew the Camaro would be discontinued completely.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If they replicate off the 1971 to 1973 size to match with the Challenger size it wont be a nice looking Stang in my opinion... I wasn't a big fan of the 71 thru 73 Stangs huge rear quarter panels ....

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
If the Mustang goes bigger, when I need to replace mine, I'll more likely be looking at the new Nissan Z. I've never exactly been brand loyal, and a 400hp, RWD TT V6 with a 6speed manual pushes all the right buttons. If they don't go crazy on the price point, that could be my next move...

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
If the Mustang goes bigger, when I need to replace mine, I'll more likely be looking at the new Nissan Z. I've never exactly been brand loyal, and a 400hp, RWD TT V6 with a 6speed manual pushes all the right buttons. If they don't go crazy on the price point, that could be my next move...
Agreed. The S550 got me because...well...it was the S550. Twin Turbos intrigue the hell out of me. I really wish Honda/Acura would revive the Integra.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If somebody wants a 4 door or an SUV, there are plenty to choose from. Why would Ford turn our Pony into another plane Jane Plow Horse when the market is already filled up with them. I doubt that we'll ever see a 4 seater Corvette wagon either. Just because sales numbers are low for a particular model, doesn't mean people are not interested in them. A Mustang isn't intended to be a car for everybody. We're not a population of tasteless drones. That's why pony cars are a specialty slot in the car market. They are there to please people that want something DIFFERENT!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Dodge announced a month or so ago they were going to release an ACR version of the Challenger that will weigh less than 4000 lbs. That would make it at least 200lbs lighter and in red-eye configuration 40HPore powerful than a GT500.

Wonder if they will take it on tour of the road courses around the world like they did with the Viper ACR. I thought it was pretty cool that a $130,000 american sports car easily embarrassed all the million dollar hyper cars on the tracks they visited.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts