Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have try map 2 and its very impressive.
On the log I see 23.1 psi at 6000 rpm.

For those with the Cobb, what is your timing and boost at 6000 wot (3-4 gear pull)

·
Super Moderator
3,611 Posts
At 6000 RPM WOT I'm seeing 22.8 PSI, though peak boost comes on earlier 24.4 PSI at 5100 RPM. I see 5.26 degrees timing on cyl 3 at 6000 RPM.

·
Super Moderator
3,611 Posts
I'm running a custom Tune+ tune.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have try map 2 and its very impressive.
On the log I see 23.1 psi at 6000 rpm.

For those with the Cobb, what is your timing and boost at 6000 wot (3-4 gear pull)
I was just playing with Google docs and a datalog of stage 2 91 I made tonight.
The graph below shows WOT from a low speed rolling start and run until 4th gear, I let off when I thought the speed was getting a bit excessive.

The raw data on the log states that in 3rd gear 6000rpm, cylinder 3 was 7.22 degrees advanced, boost was 22.46psi
(Cylinder 3 is the hottest because of its proximity to the turbo so it is usually used for reference).

Green is speed, peak is 125.5mph, 4th gear, 5770rpm, 22.5psi when I let off.

Yellow is charge air temp, peak is 94.6f.

Red is boost pressure, it peaks at 26psi on the shift points, between shifts it held a little over 23 psi fading to 21psi at the 6500rpm shift points.

Blue is AFR which stayed around 10.88 under full boost on ethanol blended 94 octane fuel.
The car was a dog yesterday on the the stage 2 93 tune so I tested the stage 2 91 tune,
I believe the reason it was dogging was because I sprayed the engine bay down with high pressure water with the engine cover off and got some stuff wet that did not want to be wet, everything seems to have recovered now.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Here is a chart of knock and ignition correction during the same run.

You see the climb through 2nd, 3rd and 4rth

As the throttle was smashed cylinder 2 was sleeping or something and knocked twice so the tune took it all the way back to -2 degrees, cylinders 1 and 3 knocked once and the tune pulled only a degree, everything then recovered without further knock.

3rd gear was almost perfect except cylinder 4 let out a whimper near redline and asked for a bit of relief.

4rth gear was perfect all cylinders were happy.

For reference, on the bottom is an ignition correction log from Stratified auto that shows what the chart should NOT look like, multiple corrections into negative timing that dont recover.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I have my appointment on the Dyno next Thursday.
I will test stock Tune
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
If I have time I will also make my own map

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
First try to the track tonight @ Napierville Dragway.

I have made 8 pass back to back
Best pass 13,7 @ 105
Best mph 107,4

I think this is good because my 60 ft was HORRIBLE ! I have the PZERO and inflated to 42 psi . Best 60 was 2,178 an always wheelspin in 2nd gear. For sure with slick I think I can make low 13 easy.

My car is a 2018 manual Performance Pack.
Only mod are JB4.

·
Super Moderator
3,611 Posts
I have the PZERO and inflated to 42 psi
really? Common wisdom at the drag strip is LOWER pressure. Increasing the tire pressure is just minimizing your footprint.

Text Font Line Circle

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I know that, I drag for the las 20 years.
The track is 15 min from my house an I have just try to see the mph.

Next time I will put the tire at 22-24 or put some drag radial in 17 inches.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts