Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Map 3 for 93 oct.
I run 27.5 psi on that run
I thought map 3 was only supposed to add 4 psi of boost. How did you get 27.5 psi with it? That sounds like a lot of boost for 93 octane. I hope your monitoring the ignition closely. It only takes one bad ignition event, at those boost levels, to do damage.
With a 12.87 at 107, it sure looks like you found traction. What was your 60 ft time, and how did you improve your traction so much? You sure are making the JB4 sound interesting. Thanks for following up with the information.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I know it suppose to be +4 psi but since i have my intercooler i always have 26+ psi on my log. On a cold night i regulary see 27,5 psi.
I always monitor my timing an with the Petro Canada 94 oct i can maintain 7 degré of timing . With other fuel i can’t obtain that. With my stock Pirelli tire at 22 psi tire and a sticky glued track my best is 1,837.
habitualy 2,0 .

Now with 275 and 22 psi tire and 3800 lunch i regulary put 1.8 - 1.9 60ft.

I really trust the JB4. All of my log seem perfect. Just like my previous BMW with JB4.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know it suppose to be +4 psi but since i have my intercooler i always have 26+ psi on my log. On a cold night i regulary see 27,5 psi.
I always monitor my timing an with the Petro Canada 94 oct i can maintain 7 degré of timing . With other fuel i can’t obtain that. With my stock Pirelli tire at 22 psi tire and a sticky glued track my best is 1,837.
habitualy 2,0 .

Now with 275 and 22 psi tire and 3800 lunch i regulary put 1.8 - 1.9 60ft.

I really trust the JB4. All of my log seem perfect. Just like my previous BMW with JB4.
It all sounds great. I'm just surprised your able to run that much boost, even on 94 Octane.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not to resurrect an old thread but I have had the jb4 for about 3 months now and love it. Today I decided to try the e30 tune and hit 25.3 psi with 6 degrees of timing at 5400 rpm. Only mod is drop in filter and catless downpipe, no intercooler. Car feels fast, breaks loose tires 2nd and 3rd gear easy in drag mode. I will get it to the local track in the next few weeks.

·
Read Only
282 Posts
Not to resurrect an old thread but I have had the jb4 for about 3 months now and love it. Today I decided to try the e30 tune and hit 25.3 psi with 6 degrees of timing at 5400 rpm. Only mod is drop in filter and catless downpipe, no intercooler. Car feels fast, breaks loose tires 2nd and 3rd gear easy in drag mode. I will get it to the local track in the next few weeks.
If you're gonna track the car you need an intercooler, even running on the street right now that stock pos intercooler is heat soaked after 1-2 pulls.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A few months back I mentioned having one on Mustang6g and got nothing but grief from so called know it alls, so I don’t bother....I’ve been running e30 and 93 tunes for a while. My car has an IC ,CVF catted down pipe, Turbosmart 10 lb. IWG, Airaid tube with a drop in K&N , axle backs, Livernois 160 degree thermostat and bunch of suspension stuff. Haven’t been to the track yet but can say the car runs pretty hard, throws no codes , so it’s all good. I don’t really beat on the car much, just a hobby to tinker with. I do think the JB4 is really a safe option ,maybe not max performance but a great option and Burger has a track record tuning BMWs, and others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First comment in this forum. Came here from a 2018 GTI and yeah, surprised to see this is the only mention of JB4. Anyone who didn't want to screw with their warranty had a JB4. Maybe b/c Ford's warranty is so much shorter than VW's recently...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would never up the boost on one of these cars, with the stock intercooler.
Do you have any idea what your charge air temps are? I took my car to the dragstrip, when it was stock, and the intercooler heat soaked after the first pass. I hot lapped it and lost 2 tenths on the second pass and another tenth on the third pass. I let it cool down for 45 minutes and ran a fourth pass and had about the same ET and MPH as the first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The car is fine without an intercooler. I know I'm going to get a ton of hate for that but it is. I live in a colder part of the country and it's not like I'll be doing back to back passes. I'll get an intercooler someday but I'll definitely go to the track before that happens.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just a side note, today coming home from work(night shift) I tried a 0-60 run (2nd time) ran a 5.2, 2015 ,6 speed auto...would like to get to a track someday and get a time.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The car is fine without an intercooler. I know I'm going to get a ton of hate for that but it is. I live in a colder part of the country and it's not like I'll be doing back to back passes. I'll get an intercooler someday but I'll definitely go to the track before that happens.
What are your charge air temps?

·
Read Only
282 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
From an engineering standpoint the stock intercooler is half of what it needs to be.
Fotd uses a standard intercooler core from a contracted supplier and just cuts it to fit the application and unfortunately the mustang doesn't have a very large opening to place the intercooler so we get a very short, thin and narrow intercooler not suited for the job.

Will the stock intercooler work?, yes it will work fine, the ecu will compensate if the iat's get too high but you are missing out on performance and fuel economy.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i just buy a new Mustang Ecoboost with the performance package and the 6 speeds. I will receive the car monday.

Anyone run the JB4 on there ecoboost?
I have one in my previous Bmw 335 with VERY good result.

Do you think a JB4 + downpipe + intercooler + slick can run a high 12 on the 1/4 ?
I just installed mine. I had one on my 2017 passat and it made a huge difference in power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm taking delivery of a new 2021 Ecoboost this week. I too was surprised to find relatively few mentions of the Burger JB4 here. I have used these to great effect on a couple of other cars like BMW, Mini, and an Infiniti Q50.

I've never had an issue whatsoever, so when I started looking around for various mods I want to do, the JB4 was the first thing I looked for and was happy to see the 2.3L is supported. That is likely the route I'll go. The device is more sophisticated than a "chip", it can actually use the OBDII port in addition to sitting as a middle man between sensors in the engine bay. Anyway, I am not affiliated with Burger in any way, but just wanted to share my past experience.

My second choice would be COBB. I had a 2003 WRX years ago when COBB was just starting out in Salt Lake City, and Trey tuned my car for a stage 2 turbo setup. He was a wizard back then, so I'm sure their latest offerings are that much better. My hesitation there is the car has 7 miles on it, so not sure I'm ready to flash the ECU quite yet. I'm willing to "pay to play", but I also don't want any other unrelated failures to get denied a warranty claim. The JB4 can be removed in 10 minutes with no trace.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts