Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm taking delivery of a new 2021 Ecoboost this week. I too was surprised to find relatively few mentions of the Burger JB4 here. I have used these to great effect on a couple of other cars like BMW, Mini, and an Infiniti Q50.

I've never had an issue whatsoever, so when I started looking around for various mods I want to do, the JB4 was the first thing I looked for and was happy to see the 2.3L is supported. That is likely the route I'll go. The device is more sophisticated than a "chip", it can actually use the OBDII port in addition to sitting as a middle man between sensors in the engine bay. Anyway, I am not affiliated with Burger in any way, but just wanted to share my past experience.

My second choice would be COBB. I had a 2003 WRX years ago when COBB was just starting out in Salt Lake City, and Trey tuned my car for a stage 2 turbo setup. He was a wizard back then, so I'm sure their latest offerings are that much better. My hesitation there is the car has 7 miles on it, so not sure I'm ready to flash the ECU quite yet. I'm willing to "pay to play", but I also don't want any other unrelated failures to get denied a warranty claim. The JB4 can be removed in 10 minutes with no trace.
I will love to hear your thoughts on the JB4 on the Ecoboost! I am thinking about the JB4 also for my car that comes in next month. Just no real world experience with it. I had a COBB on my 2008 sti back in the day. I was learning towards the COBB but hear the tune for the 2021 wasn't that great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will love to hear your thoughts on the JB4 on the Ecoboost! I am thinking about the JB4 also for my car that comes in next month. Just no real world experience with it. I had a COBB on my 2008 sti back in the day. I was learning towards the COBB but hear the tune for the 2021 wasn't that great.
Yeah sure thing. I'm just waiting to take actual delivery before ordering parts of any kind. I'm selling my old Camaro SS to Carvana, and just waiting to schedule the pick-up date hopefully any time now. I'll go get the Mustang once the other car is gone. The JB4 is sitting in my shopping cart. :) I'll definitely report back here and let you guys knows how it goes.

Edit: Old car pickup is scheduled for tomorrow, so I should have the Ecoboost tomorrow evening or first thing Wednesday morning.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah sure thing. I'm just waiting to take actual delivery before ordering parts of any kind. I'm selling my old Camaro SS to Carvana, and just waiting to schedule the pick-up date hopefully any time now. I'll go get the Mustang once the other car is gone. The JB4 is sitting in my shopping cart. :) I'll definitely report back here and let you guys knows how it goes.

Edit: Old car pickup is scheduled for tomorrow, so I should have the Ecoboost tomorrow evening or first thing Wednesday morning.
What year is your SS?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What year is your SS?
2015 with an automatic and only 4400 miles. It is a beautiful car, but frankly its slow. I've had multiple Mustang GTs (2007, Vortech supercharged 2009, 2010, and a 2012 5.0) as well as a Challenger Scat Pack... that Camaro just isn't satisfying to drive, and modding it is very expensive. I put a custom tune on it and it did pretty much nothing. I was tempted to buy another Mustang GT this time around, but I'm a fan of turbo cars and figured I'd try the Ecoboost for grins. I have a brand new 2021 Miata that is an absolute blast to drive and is a "toy", so this second car just needs to be a daily driver and I don't want to spend a ton of money on it.

Anyway, I got Velocity blue with the black racing stripe. It is an automatic (Miata is a stick, didn't want 2 manual cars). I'm picking it up tomorrow evening.

Wheel Tire Car Grille Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
318 Posts
2015 with an automatic and only 4400 miles. It is a beautiful car, but frankly its slow. I've had multiple Mustang GTs (2007, Vortech supercharged 2009, 2010, and a 2012 5.0) as well as a Challenger Scat Pack... that Camaro just isn't satisfying to drive, and modding it is very expensive. I put a custom tune on it and it did pretty much nothing. I was tempted to buy another Mustang GT this time around, but I'm a fan of turbo cars and figured I'd try the Ecoboost for grins. I have a brand new 2021 Miata that is an absolute blast to drive and is a "toy", so this second car just needs to be a daily driver and I don't want to spend a ton of money on it.

Anyway, I got Velocity blue with the black racing stripe. It is an automatic (Miata is a stick, didn't want 2 manual cars). I'm picking it up tomorrow evening.

View attachment 41046

View attachment 41047 View attachment 41048
I had a 2006 GT automatic, before my 18' base Ecoboost A10. My stock 06' would run the 1/4 mile in the 13.60s, at my local dragstrip. The stock Ecoboost ran 13.20s, rides and handles better, and is of course better on gas. I love it.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts