Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2019 Ford Mustang did not replace the downpipe, but only replaced the rear exhaust system. Can the intercooler, Cobb cold air intake, be upgraded to stage 3?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
COBB stage 3 requires a downpipe, intake, exhaust, and intercooler. Its recommended to run all COBB parts unless you stick with the stage 1 map. I ran the stage 3 map with non COBB parts and the car ran fine excet it was a little rich on the tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COBB stage 3 requires a downpipe, intake, exhaust, and intercooler. Its recommended to run all COBB parts unless you stick with the stage 1 map. I ran the stage 3 map with non COBB parts and the car ran fine excet it was a little rich on the tune.

Thank you, I have installed the intake, exhaust and intercooler, but not the downpipe. According to some regulations, I did not install downpipes. I have been using the second stage now. I just want to know if the downpipe is not installed, but the air inlet, exhaust and intercooler are installed. Can I use the third stage? Thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you, I have installed the intake, exhaust and intercooler, but not the downpipe. According to some regulations, I did not install downpipes. I have been using the second stage now. I just want to know if the downpipe is not installed, but the air inlet, exhaust and intercooler are installed. Can I use the third stage? Thank you!
No you can’t using the stock downpipe on stage 3 will at best destroy your catalytic converter or at worst possibly create pressure issues which could destroy your engine and or turbo. If you go as far to support stage 3 you might as well spend the $200 on a pro tune it’s night and day plus safer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No you can’t using the stock downpipe on stage 3 will at best destroy your catalytic converter or at worst possibly create pressure issues which could destroy your engine and or turbo. If you go as far to support stage 3 you might as well spend the $200 on a pro tune it’s night and day plus safer.
alright, thank you very much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts