Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Back up Camera took a dump

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Logan101 
#1 ·
Every since I loaded up some hard wood flooring in the trunk, I often get a Camera Not Available. With either a blue screen or a black screen. Any electrical wizards here to help me out? It’s bothering me more now that it hasn’t worked in a week where previously it would be on and off. Thanks.

#2 ·
Maybe find an answer in this thread? (might want to skip to page 2 to start seeing a possible relevant fix)

#3 ·
I did some digging and found the issue. I fixed it with little effort. The cable was cutting into the wire everytime I would open and close the trunk more and more. So I split open the cable to get access to the wiring and saw that a number of them were disconnected. So connected everything to the right color using extra copper wiring I had around. Taped it back up. Alongside that, I also disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 5 mins and checked the fuse (fuse 66-5) l. After all that it ran perfectly and has been since. Images attached. Also, there’s a little mini black cable inside of the regular black cable, I cut that open to to see if there’s any disconnections in there in there was. So I connected those also.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.