Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site and a noob mustang owner, had to wait until the kids moved out so as not to wreck this car. I have the 2016 Ecoboost Premium with the Pony package. So far I have installed a K&N CAI and tuned with SCT standard load...looking for the Torres tune next. My next purchase is an exhaust. I am exhausted from reviewing all the youtube videos trying to get the best and pulling my (what is left) hair out listening...they all sound the same after awhile.

Mod suggestions?

Troy

·
Registered
244 Posts
That is indeed a wide open topic for discussion .............. ;) I have the MBRP Street Catback on mine. IMHO the best bang for the buck out of all the catbacks sold today. Their sound is correct to the videos at CJ Pony Parts and I chose the Streets because I plan on installing a catted 3" down pipe later without it being too loud. Your choices are endless ....... resonator delete, muffler delete, axle backs. Yeah, about that hair .......... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doskiller! You are right, a wide discussion topic. I'll continue to think about it for a bit and see what new comes on the market, kinda want to see what Cobb comes out with or when they come out with their exhaust... or something along the lines of piecing together an exhaust, so many options.

·
Banned
746 Posts
Years ago I did a job up there...we stayed at Harrah's and worked for 28 straight days north of Zephyr cove. A lot of fun when we weren't working..It was low teen weather...Driving my old truck at the time, with a light generator in the back...I lost control at an intersection and slid into an embankment by simply touching the throttle. So when I saw your pic of your stang ...I just thought...NO!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Years ago I did a job up there...we stayed at Harrah's and worked for 28 straight days north of Zephyr cove. A lot of fun when we weren't working..It was low teen weather...Driving my old truck at the time, with a light generator in the back...I lost control at an intersection and slid into an embankment by simply touching the throttle. So when I saw your pic of your stang ...I just thought...NO!!!
True, true. Last month I hit a small patch of ice at a stop sign, wanting to go left the front end slid right, so I went right, lol! It is my daily driver except when I should be on a snow mobile.

·
Banned
746 Posts
True, true. Last month I hit a small patch of ice at a stop sign, wanting to go left the front end slid right, so I went right, lol! It is my daily driver except when I should be on a snow mobile.
How is that K&N CAI? Ive been waiting for the "Cali legal" Ford racing CAI and tune....But when I bought the car, I literally drove straight to the K&N factory store to replace the Ford filter(In the factory air box) with the K&N.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love it. It was really easy to install and you can hear the air sucking into the CAI. I immediately noticed more power but not sure how much of that was the SCT tune. Now I'm worried about tuning my stang and having to take it in to the dealers for maintenance. I purchased a maintenance plan along with the extended warranty, wondering if I could get a refund for those??

·
Banned
746 Posts
I'm in the same boat you are...As far as maintenance plan and warranty.. It was a no brainer for me. Other than tires and battery, I won't have to spend a cent for ANYTHING on my car for 6 years. Thats why I'm waiting on the Ford Racing CAI and tune, which is supposed to be warranty friendly as long as installed at a dealership. As far as a refund for your prepaid services..I doubt it. Can you re flash your SCT tune? And when you do take it in, will the dealer know that the OEM tune has been modified?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in the same boat you are...As far as maintenance plan and warranty.. It was a no brainer for me. Other than tires and battery, I won't have to spend a cent for ANYTHING on my car for 6 years. Thats why I'm waiting on the Ford Racing CAI and tune, which is supposed to be warranty friendly as long as installed at a dealership. As far as a refund for your prepaid services..I doubt it. Can you re flash your SCT tune? And when you do take it in, will the dealer know that the OEM tune has been modified?
I can reflash it back to stock and the only other mod is my CAI but I am ready to launch a laundry list of mods, i'm anxious. My issue with Ford Racing putting out a tune is that it might be limited unlike others that don't have a vested interest in warranty work. I don't know. I might email Torres from Unleashed and see what he says about reverting back to stock and dealer suspecting computer mods.

·
Banned
746 Posts
From what Ive read..and a lot of it on this site..bolt on's aren't a warranty problem(the CAI)..But tuning is...If you paid for the extra warranty, and had the aftermarket tune...your warranty might be void...IF the dealers plug in notices any aftermarket flashes.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts