Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I am new here and need a little help. I am a chick who knows nothing about doing mods to a car and need some sound advice. I just got a 15 ecoboost premium convertible and have about $1500-$2000 to spend after I buy a tuner and tint it out. What would be the best mods to make immediately to increase sound and performance on my budget? I am thinking a new exhaust is a must but have no clue about anything else. Thank you in advance, and I apologize if this has been posted a million times before!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Well, if you have a good custom muffler shop near you, you can do the exhaust for about $600 installed. Check @Moxman posts for his custom exhaust solution.

The other mod would be to replace the factory intercooler which is grossly under designed. Those run in the $600 to $800 range plus installation.

Lastly, sign up with a Pro Tuner which is in the $175 to $300 range depending on if you want to have life time tunes or not.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Intercooler... I'd say go as far as saying intercooler before everything. Even on a stock tune an upgraded IC will make a tremendous difference especially on hot summer days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if you have a good custom muffler shop near you, you can do the exhaust for about $600 installed. Check @Moxman posts for his custom exhaust solution.

The other mod would be to replace the factory intercooler which is grossly under designed. Those run in the $600 to $800 range plus installation.

Lastly, sign up with a Pro Tuner which is in the $175 to $300 range depending on if you want to have life time tunes or not.

Thank you so much! I would not have thought about the intercooler!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH...and welcome! You should post some pics of your car in the Introductions forum.

Ok thanks!! I added it to profile pic for now. I will take better pics when I get it, this is from the dealer. The interior has the white/black leather seats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Intercooler... I'd say go as far as saying intercooler before everything. Even on a stock tune an upgraded IC will make a tremendous difference especially on hot summer days.

Ok great to know, thank you! Especially because its 110 here in Vegas...

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Melanie! Check out all the build threads from the members. Lots of great and needed mods in the builds!
-atmosphere vent the bypass valve (free)
-intake ($300 to $400)
-various suspension mods ($100 and up)

You like car shows, track racing, drag racing??

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Not quite as hot (or fun) but definitely not spring or fall!

My first mods were Cobb stage 1 (accessport tuner with OTS 93 octane tunes and high flow drop in air filter) then Tune+ wastegate actuator and Adam's tune for life. I have some exterior mods as well (aftermarket hood and wheels), but now looking forward to ordering my new intercooler and cold air intake from Speed Factory by mid next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Besides the exhaust, the intercooler is a great mod. I did the intercooler after I did the exhaust. I also like the idea of a cold air intake. I chose the Airaid and it is a really nice kit. I chose the Mishimoto intercooler because of the quality of its design and the technical specifications they offer. Also, I liked the idea that it can be installed without removing the front bumper cover. It took me and a helper about 2 to 3 hours to install it. With the high ambient temperatures in Las Vegas, you'll benefit from the reduced charge temperature a bigger intercooler will give you.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I almost forgot...welcome to the forum. You'll find a ton of useful information here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Besides the exhaust, the intercooler is a great mod. I did the intercooler after I did the exhaust. I also like the idea of a cold air intake. I chose the Airaid and it is a really nice kit. I chose the Mishimoto intercooler because of the quality of its design and the technical specifications they offer. Also, I liked the idea that it can be installed without removing the front bumper cover. It took me and a helper about 2 to 3 hours to install it. With the high ambient temperatures in Las Vegas, you'll benefit from the reduced charge temperature a bigger intercooler will give you.

Ok great! Looking at a Mishimoto
Welcome to the forum, Melanie! Check out all the build threads from the members. Lots of great and needed mods in the builds!
-atmosphere vent the bypass valve (free)
-intake ($300 to $400)
-various suspension mods ($100 and up)

You like car shows, track racing, drag racing??

Thanks!You are all so helpful! I was thinking the Mishimoto intercooler would be good. I am going to have a couple friends install it, so that's good to know. I am not into drag racing or track racing, but car shows are cool. We have SEMA here every year which is awesome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome from Texas! Not quite as hot (or fun) but definitely not spring or fall!

My first mods were Cobb stage 1 (accessport tuner with OTS 93 octane tunes and high flow drop in air filter) then Tune+ wastegate actuator and Adam's tune for life. I have some exterior mods as well (aftermarket hood and wheels), but now looking forward to ordering my new intercooler and cold air intake from Speed Factory by mid next week!

Thank you! I am debating on the Cobb tuner, but thinking of going with the SCT X4. I have narrowed down what I initially want to do, which include the downvpipe, intercooler, tune, probably exhaust. I want a deeper sounding exhaust and I don't know where to start. I have been listening to Youtube videos, trying to get an idea, but its hard to tell....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thank you! I am debating on the Cobb tuner, but thinking of going with the SCT X4. I have narrowed down what I initially want to do, which include the downvpipe, intercooler, tune, probably exhaust. I want a deeper sounding exhaust and I don't know where to start. I have been listening to Youtube videos, trying to get an idea, but its hard to tell....
Do yourself a favor and research tunes for the EB before making your decision on a tuner. There are several out there and many are tuned by Adam at Tune+ (using the accessport). Many have different opinions, but I think Adam's tunes are top notch (and I'm just getting started with my mods!)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts