Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2016 ecoboost with a c&l cold air intake and bypass valve, and also an mbrp installer race edition catback. I've been looking at off the shelf tunes from cobb, sct x4 and a few others through american muscle. I'm not going for crazy power just something to make it more peppy. Whats your guys recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
2,882 Posts
I recommend skipping all of the off the shelf tunes and going with either tune+ or PD Tuning for a pro tune.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I recommend skipping all of the off the shelf tunes and going with either tune+ or PD Tuning for a pro tune.
Literally was typing this when it should you responded first.

but op x100 pro tune it and never look back, the car will run better and be much happier not to mention more power.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just out of curiosity why skip off the shelf?
Ask yourself this, do you want a generic tune that will work for any eco in any climate, driving situation. Or do you want a tune specifically tailored for your car, mods and the way you drive with data logging o back up and improve the tune with real world driving.

·
Super Moderator
2,882 Posts
Just out of curiosity why skip off the shelf?
Because your question was "best tune available". Nothing off the shelf will ever be "best". They're all compromises in some way.

So you get the "best" answer, which is still skip the off-the-shelf stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because your question was "best tune available". Nothing off the shelf will ever be "best". They're all compromises in some way.

So you get the "best" answer, which is still skip the off-the-shelf stuff.
Ask yourself this, do you want a generic tune that will work for any eco in any climate, driving situation. Or do you want a tune specifically tailored for your car, mods and the way you drive with data logging o back up and improve the tune with real world driving.
That's true guess I really didn't think it through, like i'd want it to be best suited to the car but I knew off the shelf tunes were normally safer for longevity since they're not pushing the car as much. Definitely going to look into op x100 pro and tune+ at the very least.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unleashed is running a special right now. Tuner with 2 preloaded tunes and two custom tunes for $449. Believe it is till 14th of the month.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Best tune available? No such thing lol!
Peter, Paul, and Mary may have exactly the same cars with exactly the same mods, but the best tune is very likely to be different for each car.....even in they live right next door to each other.....if they live in different parts of the state or country the tune requirements for each car will diverge even more. Then when you factor in available fuel, ethanol content, differences in reference to sea level, humidity, etc, etc, etc well you can see while a canned tune or a buddies tune file may not get you the results you should be getting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I currently have a 2016 ecoboost with a c&l cold air intake and bypass valve, and also an mbrp installer race edition catback. I've been looking at off the shelf tunes from cobb, sct x4 and a few others through american muscle. I'm not going for crazy power just something to make it more peppy. Whats your guys recommendations?
I just did a tune on my 2016 Eco Stang, with JST Performance.
Very happy with the results, and would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 2015 and I use the cobb stage 1 ,93 oct with a resonator delete , Roush CAI ,DV+ VALVE ,NGK 1 step colder pulgs, and a MAP intercooler …. car runs really well and I still get 24-27 in the city with 32 on the highway ...(y)enjoy your car !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2015 and I use the cobb stage 1 ,93 oct with a resonator delete , Roush CAI ,DV+ VALVE ,NGK 1 step colder pulgs, and a MAP intercooler …. car runs really well and I still get 24-27 in the city with 32 on the highway ...(y)enjoy your car !!!

·
Registered
12 Posts

I have Map performance 3" SS downpipe, 2-1/2" SS MAP Catback Exhaust, 3" SS MAP Cold Air Intake Kit, COBB Accessport With MAP Tune
I notice no lag with turbo now and quicker acceleration. I'm sure a pro tune would be beneficial but I'm happy with what I have right now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts