Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ecoboost
14 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade my front brakes. What would you guys recommend? Go with a complete big brake kit or just upgrade my rotors and pads?? I don't have the HPP. So, I have the base model brakes. It's a daily driver. I don't take it to the dragstrip, and I don't do autocross. Let me know what you think guys/gals. I appreciate it.
Call american muscle. For $1500 they have a great six caliper brembo system for front. Not sure if they advertise it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
If you are budget conscious, the best brake upgrade for the money is to go with either the GT (4-piston) or GT PP (6-piston) which you can usually find used with low miles on ebay or other online sources for low $$. Many times they will come as a package with brake hoses, rotors, and sometimes the dust shields. My current build I found GT brakes with hose and rotors for $150 shipped, high temp decals for $3.50, and red caliper paint for $15. I installed and used them for 2 years, then swapped them out to my wife's 2016 V6 and found GT PP calipers and rotors for $250 shipped. The only other expense was pads and hardware. One thing I realized afterward having a car with premium options like the pre-collision is mashing the brake pedal after the red lights flash on your windshield is a BAD thing. I ended up with a seat belt mark on my chest for days after putting on the 6 piston Brembos and stomping the brakes when an idiot pulled out in front of me. LOL

• Wow
Reactions: MD18EcoStang
21 - 22 of 22 Posts