Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Excellent job!
Love your PP wheels in silver... Wish I had those instead of the black ones.
I reckon 5-spoke wheels look the best on the Mustangs. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent job!
Love your PP wheels in silver... Wish I had those instead of the black ones.
I reckon 5-spoke wheels look the best on the Mustangs. :)
Thankyou much! I think the black fire SI02 sealant is a for sure winner in my book.
I've been searching recently to see if I could find that same wheel in a 10 inch. So far no luck, but I really like them as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had been searching for a sealant that would bling harder than a carnauba but protect for longer than a couple weeks. I'm sure there's better out there and of course a full on ceramic coating would be optimal. At the price point though, very sweet.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What surprised me was 2 of my neighbors from down the street at the end of the block drive by and stopped to compliment saying they could see the shine off my car at the end of the block.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: the BlackFire SIO2 sealant, while providing a nice shine does not protect nor have longevity in my scenario. I applied 2 coats when I first posted. Just today got a chance to wash the car and the sealant no longer seems to be present. At least in the form of water beading and sheeting. I must admit. I've gotten better protection and shine from the Chemical Guys HydroCharge. I put 2 coats of the HydroCharge on my Cobra almost a year ago and the water still beads. At the price, the BlackFire is mostly worth it, but for longevity, gloss and protection, I have to give this round to Chemical Guys.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice to see a post updated with results!
That product does leave a nice shine though.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Good to hear. I've been wanting to give that hydro charge a try. Will likely in the spring when the car comes out of storage. I love chem guys stuff.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear. I've been wanting to give that hydro charge a try. Will likely in the spring when the car comes out of storage. I love chem guys stuff.
For the hydrocharge, 2 coats is far better than 1. I did find an optimal use for the BlackFire as a topper.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also just recently tried the hydroslick wax version. I like it. The vehicle has a superior smoothness after the final buff and a great shine. Even more so after using BlackFire as a topper. I applied 2 coats of the hydroslick and the car felt smoother than a fresh claying. I still dont think the longevity is there like it is with the hydrocharge though. If any of you watch jimbo balaam, he tests the two and the products came off with the use of his favorite wax removal products. I do not however use removal products after I apply my coatings. I tend to like to enjoy the shine they provide until I feel the coating is no longer providing the beading/sheeting and protection.

·
Registered
98 Posts
what do you have on your headlights to make them look like that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Coated my Eco with some Black Fire SI02 sealant. Absolutely love the results. Think I found my new favorite sealant View attachment 35437
Wow - that is really something. How would you say that compares to others like a P21S or Meguiar's, etc? My Mustang is a summer-only car (around 5,000 miles per year) and always garaged and covered. Shine is my main goal vs. longevity or beading.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It gives a really nice shine. Especially with multiple coats. One of my neighbors drove from 10 houses down just to compliment that he could see the shine on the car from his driveway. It out performs off the shelf products from a shine perspective imo. There are other products out there like Gtechniq C2V3 or P&S beadmaker that may be slightly better, but it really gives a great shine.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the BlackFire 2 year ceramic coating. We shall see how well it performs. Should be in next week, I'll apply next weekend

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow - that is really something. How would you say that compares to others like a P21S or Meguiar's, etc? My Mustang is a summer-only car (around 5,000 miles per year) and always garaged and covered. Shine is my main goal vs. longevity or beading.
Of course ask about detailing and you are going to get 20 million opinons, so here goes one of them.
If you have a Summer car or a garage queen and you really baby your car you might consider staying with a wax. That is if you really don't mind pampering your car. There are a lot of pretty great sealants and coatings out there, but there is something about a wax. A good wax would give you anywhere from 3 plus months give or take and most likely longer if you garage it and cover it.

Sealants are great for those who like to fuss too, but need longer protection and of course there are ceramics. The longest in protection, but in my opinion not necessarilly practicle for a garage queen, but perfect for dailys. I only say that because you can't touch up ceramic coated vehicles without removing the coating from the entire panel. This is not a big deal for waxes and sealants. If you daily a car and don't care about rock chips and dings a ceramic coating is a good option. The also make regular maintenance washes quicker. The only thing with ceramics is that they still require a similar maintenance as your clear coat, meaning at some point you will have to give that car a real good bath and remove all of the contaminents that are now on your ceramic coating and use a topper to revive the slickness and gloss.
The nice thing is that we have choices that suit our life styles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Of course ask about detailing and you are going to get 20 million opinons, so here goes one of them.
If you have a Summer car or a garage queen and you really baby your car you might consider staying with a wax. That is if you really don't mind pampering your car. There are a lot of pretty great sealants and coatings out there, but there is something about a wax. A good wax would give you anywhere from 3 plus months give or take and most likely longer if you garage it and cover it.

Sealants are great for those who like to fuss too, but need longer protection and of course there are ceramics. The longest in protection, but in my opinion not necessarilly practicle for a garage queen, but perfect for dailys. I only say that because you can't touch up ceramic coated vehicles without removing the coating from the entire panel. This is not a big deal for waxes and sealants. If you daily a car and don't care about rock chips and dings a ceramic coating is a good option. The also make regular maintenance washes quicker. The only thing with ceramics is that they still require a similar maintenance as your clear coat, meaning at some point you will have to give that car a real good bath and remove all of the contaminents that are now on your ceramic coating and use a topper to revive the slickness and gloss.
The nice thing is that we have choices that suit our life styles.
Yes, that all makes sense. That is also practical advice on the ceramic. I have been steering away from that because of the prep and how tricky some of them seem to be to put on BUT you have me rethinking that. I actually put P21S over Meguiar's Ultimate. The cars are never very dirty. When I feel the shine is wearing off, I have been using the P21S as a detailer. That might be overkill but I have alotta lockdown time on my hands. BTW - what's the LostSAAB a reference too? I ask because I had a 1978 SAAB 99 Turbo.
And yes, choices to suite lifestyle - and one's obsession with shine!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, that all makes sense. That is also practical advice on the ceramic. I have been steering away from that because of the prep and how tricky some of them seem to be to put on BUT you have me rethinking that. I actually put P21S over Meguiar's Ultimate. The cars are never very dirty. When I feel the shine is wearing off, I have been using the P21S as a detailer. That might be overkill but I have alotta lockdown time on my hands. BTW - what's the LostSAAB a reference too? I ask because I had a 1978 SAAB 99 Turbo.
And yes, choices to suite lifestyle - and one's obsession with shine!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts