Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had a 2003 SAAB 9-3 6 spd MT. Drove it till about 170,000 miles. Nice little car and it was different than the rest. Wanting to continue to drive a manual I wound up with VW Jetta Wagons for about 7 years. Again needed a manual and almost bought another wagon and had even put a down payment. The car would take about 4 plus months so started looking for other options that were manual. Of course, that's how I landed here and I don't regret it for one minute. Of course my car sales man couldn't understand how I went from a Jetta Wagen to a Mustang. Make plenty sense to me.

Yes this car shining thing is an obsession. I think I've washed my Mustang more than all the cars I owned for the past 35 years. I never owned so many detailing products.

Again, just glad we have choices, perhaps too many.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Detailing sure does hurt my body alot more than it used to when I was younger. Got the coating on, very easy apply and very easy off however, still very tedious and time consuming. Its curing now, pics to come when I can take it out of the garage.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Gents/ladies,
I just can't believe the clarity. I spent 150 for the ceramic coating kit. It took me roughly about 12 hours to do the paint correction then cleanse. It took about 6 hours to apply the ceramic coating. Alot of work that was tedious but the results are amazing and I will only have to do maintenance washes to keep the car looking better than new for the next 2 years. I was using chemical guys ceramic wash but think I'm going to change my soap to carpro reset. Car has been in the garage for the past 2 days to let the coating completely cure. I won't pull it out of the garage till next week cuz the weather here is supposed to be thunderstorms all week.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts