Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need a little help. I'm looking at purchasing a bow off valve for my 2017 ecoboost. I'm curious, if anyone that has put on one or changed or their old one, has a recommendation between Duel Port or Recirculating? Which one is going to give me the best bang for my buck? Is there a considerable difference between the two? This is my first go round on building a turbo car. Before this all I've ever really built has been naturally aspirated. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
You already have a recirculating BOV. If you are looking for more noise just disconnect the hose from the valve to the intake tube (cap the fitting on the intake tube).

Unless you have made other mods and the additional boost is causing the factory BOV to leak there is no performance advantage to an aftermarket unit.

I purchased the Go Fast Bits kit that upgrades the stock BOV so it won't leak but keeps the factory ECU control. I am not into the BOV noise so mine still recirculates back into the intake tube.

Dave

·
Registered
703 Posts
I also run the OEM valve, but when installed my DIY cold air intake pipe, I didn't see any advantage of pumping hot air from the turbo back into my cold air intake. So my BOV is currently open and under the hood with future plans to add a hose and vent it to the wheel well or down under the car...
Something I do see an advantage of, is some type of boost pressure relief valve (Is this what you would call a dual port valve?) to protect my motor from over boosting, but I haven't done any research on this.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I would say you don't need an additional boost relief. The waste gate on the turbo controls boost pressure. If it was to fail the ECU would shutdown the ignition if an over boost condition was to happen

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts