Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Vendor
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated 12/22/2014:

Well, after going through some extensive testing, we are happy to announce our blow-off valve adapter for the 2015+ Mustang EcoBoost!

MSRP: $65.00

Mustang EcoBoost Blow Off Valve Adapter - Boomba Racing Inc.

This high performance adapter mounts between the OEM bypass valve/solenoid and the mounting bracket on the charge piping, causing the unused charge air to vent to atmosphere (VTA) giving off the well known, but distinct sound all turbo owners know and love! The adapter bolts right in with the included longer bolts, no other modifications or tuning are required. Precision CNC machined out of high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum and available in 4 different colors.

Installation is simple (car does not need to be raised) and all mounting hardware is included.

Installation guides can be found below:

The following link is a more detailed installation guide: Installation Manual

Original post:

What is going on here?!

·
Vendor
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This high performance adapter mounts between the OEM bypass valve/solenoid and the mounting bracket on the charge piping, causing the unused charge air to vent to atmosphere (VTA) giving off the well known, but distinct sound all turbo owners know and love! The adapter bolts right in with the included longer bolts, no other modifications or tuning are required. Precision CNC machined out of high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum and available in 4 different colors.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Watch the video

·
Vendor
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
noob here...what advantage is it?

This piece acts as a spacer between your charge piping and the factory BPV. It acts as its own blowoff valve and there is no need for any additional pieces.

Sounds cool and also provides a solution to a problem that all EcoBoost engines suffer from (oil in the intake).

Since air is being vented to atmosphere (VTA) it also helps preventing oil from being thrown back into your intake.

·
Registered
816 Posts

This piece acts as a spacer between your charge piping and the factory BPV. It acts as its own blowoff valve and there is no need for any additional pieces.

Sounds cool and also provides a solution to a problem that all EcoBoost engines suffer from (oil in the intake).

Since air is being vented to atmosphere (VTA) it also helps preventing oil from being thrown back into your intake.
Have you noticed any oil being vented into the engine bay?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very happy with mine. It was a bigger chore to install than expected. That is because of the way all the piping is in the engine bay, it's not quite as quick and easy as expected. Once you get the other "stuff" out of the way adding it is pretty easy though. The sound is good although I wish there was some level of adjustment. The fact though that it is only a simple adapter and gives a great blow off sound is great. All in all a very well spent 65.00 and the fact that I am no mechanic and was able to install it is pretty cool!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have anything else other than cosmetic. I am not sure about the lag, I don't believe there is any issue there. I had planned on being able to test it a few times and take it off and put it back on to see if there was anything noticeable but it's too hard to take on and off.

The sound is great though, even my wife likes it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't have anything else other than cosmetic. I am not sure about the lag, I don't believe there is any issue there. I had planned on being able to test it a few times and take it off and put it back on to see if there was anything noticeable but it's too hard to take on and off.

The sound is great though, even my wife likes it!
Awesome! Thanks for the input. This looks like a nice little bday gift for myself.

1 - 20 of 230 Posts