Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m getting my brake calipers sprayed in March but can’t fully decide what colour to go with. My mustang is Race Red with black wheels. Most people would suggest red but I want a colour that would stand out and not blend in with the body colour, I’m currently leaning towards yellow because of this. Anyone have a red mustang with yellow calipers by chance? Unfortunately there isn’t many pictures of this combo on google.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
I feel yellow calipers would tend to go best with a yellow car.
On a red car, the contrast is so great between the two colors that they really stand out too much, taking the attention away from the car itself. (Unless that is what you are trying to achieve).
Gold or bronze might be a better choice, but I still think red would look better, even though its a common choice done to death :) .... Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: Nathan

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
265 Posts

i went with G2 brush on today. only did the passenger side. carefully measured the amount to get 1/2 portion in a Tostitos salsa glass jar. doing just 2 was ok but had to wait between coats. when you do all four by the time you do a lap, the first one is prolly ready for another coat.
you can see where i applied Permatex AntiSeize to the hub this fall when i put on winter tires. the rust annoys me..i sanded it all off and applied Permatex. NO rust at all after all that salt!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Those rear rotors look a bit scored. Might want to get them turned so that they complement your newly painted calipers.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Those rear rotors look a bit scored. Might want to get them turned so that they complement your newly painted calipers.
Look who's back! 👀👀👀👀👀👀

😂 😂 😂
Welcome back dude!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yeah, lot went on this past year, and had to back away from almost everything. Decided it was time to ease back into life again. Thanks for the warm welcome! Glad to be back.

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
265 Posts
you got me thinking..so i pulled the rotor. the inside of the rotor looks like this .. i don't understand .. the brake pad was actually hitting below the ridge, the distance it wasn't reaching the top.. idk even know where to begin. the front pad is aligned and the rear pad looks installed properly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts