Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Would make sense they would be interchangeable, the physical dimensions of the base plate are exactly the same, and the depth of the compound difference is only .011 of an inch. They round off in millimeters, but that's 16.51mm vs 16.23mm (0.28mm difference)

But I'm more worried about the design difference, especially on the 2nd illustration for HB803. If both version of HB803 are indeed valid designs, that would be more evidence of their interchangeability.

But I'm also a strong believer that Engineers that design different parts to do the same thing is for a reason. Maybe one design is more efficient than the other?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
The HB774 are for the non performance package rear brakes, they are thicker .650 than the HB803 pads which are .639 and are listed for the performance package.

Dave

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Yes, if you see my last post that's:
0.011 of an inch difference
(0.28mm difference)

for comparison printer paper is between 0.05 mm and 0.10 mm thick. So that's the thickness of 3-6 sheets of paper.

I doubt that would be any show stopper. Like some have said, they are interchangeable. I'm more concerned about the pattern itself.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Waited for my current pads to wear out, and finally did the rear. Still waiting for my front pads to wear out, I ran out of budget before I could get all parts together and had to change the front pads. Otherwise I would have had to leave the car parked for a few weeks.

Mustang Rear Brakes.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, does anyone know if I can use the stock (non performance) ecoboost brake lines when upgrading to the stock GT brakes? Or will I need to purchase new brake line?

Thanks,

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I used the same brake lines. I've done de rear, still waiting for my current pads to wear before I do the fronts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used the same brake lines. I've done de rear, still waiting for my current pads to wear before I do the fronts.
Thanks for the help. Im planning on upgrading my standard (non perforamnce pack) brakes to the standard GT 4 piston brakes. Wanted to make sure the lines would fit before going through all the trouble.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I did the front upgrade a few weeks ago. The base EcoBoost lines were a little short. Luckily the GT calipers came with lines attached so I used them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would anyone know where to buy the standard GT brake lines for my upgrade? Searching online has been a mess and I’m worried they won’t fit my ecoboost.

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Would anyone know where to buy the standard GT brake lines for my upgrade? Searching online has been a mess and I’m worried they won’t fit my ecoboost.
Go to one of the online vendors and buy the SS hoses for a better feel.

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
Hi. I'am a newbie. Is this the 4pot caliper of Mustang? Also, how can I reduce the noise when braking and dust coming from the pads? Thank you
Those look like my Performance Package 4 piston brake calipers.
On the dust, check with the auto-parts places and see what they have for low dust and noise. Usually the street compounds are better on both of those qualities than the track pads. The stock pads I had originally on my PP car didn't do too much dust and were very quiet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those look like my Performance Package 4 piston brake calipers.
On the dust, check with the auto-parts places and see what they have for low dust and noise. Usually the street compounds are better on both of those qualities than the track pads. The stock pads I had originally on my PP car didn't do too much dust and were very quiet.

Power Stop Z26 Extreme Street Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads will this be a good replacement for the stick pads?

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
In my experience, ceramic pads produce less brake dust, but are noisier than the stock pads. I've not used Power-Stop stuff, but know lots of people who use and like their products.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No master cylinder upgrade needed for stock EcoBoost brakes to 4 piston GT brakes. Only need to upgrade master cylinder if you are going to 6 piston Brembos.

I just changed my car to 4 piston GT calipers rotors for the front and the vented system for the rear. No issues at all, just bolt on and bleed the system well.
The existing rear calipers worked with larger vented rotors ? They seem much thicker than the existing non-vented rotors.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I changed my rear calipers and rotors. The pads however, if I recall, are still the same.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just upgraded from base 2 piston to 4 piston GT brakes, I just used the brake lines that were attached to the GT calipers that I bought on ebay, everything fit perfect.

I also bought rotors and pads from powerstop, make sure to select GT 4 piston when ordering.

Make sure you bleed the brakes and confirm nothing it leaking... Everything was really easy...

I left the rear brakes as is for now...

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 106 Posts