Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a good picture showing off some of the features of the 2.3l Ecoboost Motor:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Forged steel crankshaft and connection rods should help this motor make some major reliable power with some added boost!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Forged steel crankshaft and connection rods should help this motor make some major reliable power with some added boost!

i thought the same thing... This will be much for mod friendly i think rather than the V8..... Tune, BOV, intercooler, some nice gains IMO

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a good feeling that this motor will hit BIG!!! a lot of people out there are bashing Ford for putting a 4cyl in a MUSTANG but I believe its the future, People want more power with more MPG's and the only way to do that is small displacements and turbo's (at this time) Look at how the f150's are selling with the 6ecoboosts....Way more than the 5.0's

·
Registered
8 Posts
I owned 2 T-Bird turbocoupes from the 80s. I spent a lot of money on the first one ('84) upgrading to a bigger turbo, ported and polished head with cam, front mount intercooler, down pipe with full exhaust. Swamped that motor into my '87. Performance definetely improved over stock, but for half the cost, I could have bought all those parts for a 5.0L and made more power. Out came the 4 banger and in went a 5.0L swap with a Vortech supercharger. At the time, this was the right change for the money spent.
That being said, I think the time is right for this motor to really take off. Power numbers (hp and torque) are not even close. Add tune and the number of vendors that will be supporting this platform, this 2.3L turbo should stick. I've planned on purchasing the coyote, but the more I'm hearing about the ecoboost, the more on the fence I am about which to pull the trigger on. The local dealership has 5 scheduled for dealer stock, can't wait to help my decision with a few test drives before ordering.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Yeah I think this new 2.3L turbo motor is going to be a lot of fun to tune. Plus it's always more fun beating guys with V8's that think you're just runny a puny 4-cyl :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like FORD didn't cheap out on the engine internals.... nice to see the forged crankshaft and connecting rods....

On another note, Do we need to worry about carbon build up with this engine like in the explorer?

Reactions: turbopony

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I was just about to ask the same thing. And what are these catch cans I'm hearing about? Pretty new to the car seen
I though there was a feed somewhere on here about them if not you can go to stage 3 website look up the part and read the description and go from there

Reactions: turbopony
1 - 11 of 11 Posts