Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) My EB 2020 Mustang A10 was dyno’d at 328 rwhp and 399 TQ. Assuming no further mods/upgrades - what would be the numbers you’d guess I could possibly gain from an e-tune only?

2) My goal is 380 rwhp on 93 octane so I don’t require a built block and use auxiliary fuel. Could this possibly be achieved by the turbonetics kit 11910 and e-tone alone?

Current mods are: K&N Air-filter, AirRaid CAI, Mishimoto DP - high flow catts, Mishimoto IC, Borla Axle Back and Cobb Stage 3 tune.

3) I’ve seen another EB owner with same mods only gain around 30rwhp by adding the upgraded turbonetics 11910 - that would still make me coming up short of the 380rwhp goal. Does that sound right? What would you suggest to obtain the approximate 20+ additional rwhp?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You can absolutely achieve those numbers if you upgrade your fuel system and run straight E85. Just put an XDI hpfp in and you can make about 380 wheel HP on E85. That type of fuel has the added benefits of providing cooler combustion temps over regular pump gas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the XDI hpfp come with everything I need to make the conversion over to E85? I Wasn’t sure if anything else is required or highly suggested in addition to make this happen. I know it requires a tune - can a Cobb AccessPort take care of this?

On the Cobb AP I haven’t messed around with it to often. I just recall the remapping for stage 2, stage 3 and back to stock if needed. Then selecting the octane either 91 or 93. I can’t recall if it gave me an option for anything else.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Does the XDI hpfp come with everything I need to make the conversion over to E85? I Wasn’t sure if anything else is required or highly suggested in addition to make this happen. I know it requires a tune - can a Cobb AccessPort take care of this?

On the Cobb AP I haven’t messed around with it to often. I just recall the remapping for stage 2, stage 3 and back to stock if needed. Then selecting the octane either 91 or 93. I can’t recall if it gave me an option for anything else.
You will need a custom tune for the pump. Tune+ or Purple Drank can hook you up. Other then that it's plug and play.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can absolutely achieve those numbers if you upgrade your fuel system and run straight E85. Just put an XDI hpfp in and you can make about 380 wheel HP on E85. That type of fuel has the added benefits of providing cooler combustion temps over regular pump gas.
This ^^^

·
Registered
853 Posts
I like value! So I always think, horsepower per dollar. I've never had my Mustang on a dyno, but I do take it to the track and collect real life data. Your stock turbo still has power left to give.
I went from low 13 second 1/4 mile runs to high 12 second runs on fuel alone. "An E30 mix using 93 octane and flex fuel on a 93 octane stage 3 OTS tune"!
But I can also see the advantage of changing turbo chargers in the future.
* My question... and this is important information! How many dollars does it take to change to a new turbo vs how many dollars does it take to run E85 (including professional tuning)???

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I like value! So I always think, horsepower per dollar. I've never had my Mustang on a dyno, but I do take it to the track and collect real life data. Your stock turbo still has power left to give.
I went from low 13 second 1/4 mile runs to high 12 second runs on fuel alone. "An E30 mix using 93 octane and flex fuel on a 93 octane stage 3 OTS tune"!
But I can also see the advantage of changing turbo chargers in the future.
* My question... and this is important information! How many dollars does it take to change to a new turbo vs how many dollars does it take to run E85 (including professional tuning)???

Thanks in advance!!
Well first you need to upgrade the hpfp as the factory one is only good to run E30 and below. A hpfp will start at about $1300 a lifetime tune will run about $300. The cheapest drop in turbo is NX2 and runs close to $1800 plus another $300 for the tune. Price wise they are close. Watchmyeco pushed his car on E30 stock turbo stock block and was getting 11's on the 1/4 mile jsyk...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just bought a tune package from PD TUNE and it been 5 days with no contact what’s going on?
Yeah, I'm still waiting on revisions as well. Taking a little longer than I thought but he will get to it, he has a lot going on right now. From what I hear he is top tier, so he is worth the wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well first you need to upgrade the hpfp as the factory one is only good to run E30 and below. A hpfp will start at about $1300 a lifetime tune will run about $300. The cheapest drop in turbo is NX2 and runs close to $1800 plus another $300 for the tune. Price wise they are close. Watchmyeco pushed his car on E30 stock turbo stock block and was getting 11's on the 1/4 mile jsyk...
You can run about E40 on a stock turbo no more than that per what Ryan Martin Told me

·
Registered
853 Posts
11s! That's impressive! Watchmyeco must of been pushing over 400 horsepower to get a car as heavy as our Mustangs down the track under 12 seconds!!
I talked to him and the other guys at Mafia Auto a few years ago and they/he are constantly pushing their cars to the limits!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts