·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
139116B2-D996-4E61-A16B-2A7444DFE568.jpeg
9B85D055-F8C3-4D21-8A4D-673EC77394F9.jpeg
BD50EBDC-74A8-42AF-974A-5766B9E2DF87.jpeg
B98C918F-A1BB-4463-A299-3F4303100D0B.jpeg
Hand painted these with brush using Autotek calliper paint. It did not run and was quite thick. Needed 2 coats but looks quite good. Dried quickly and redcoat within one hour. Only time will tell how long it lasts. The back callipers are not as good looking as the fronts, guess that’s saving money for Fords.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Looking at painting mine also. Gonna use G2 to match car color and clear coat some emblems in. Looks good!

·
Super Moderator
6,324 Posts
That looks good.

I'm afraid it'd last a half-lap on the track with the Track-Monkey. I washed the brake dust off the wheels when I got home from the Auto-X course today and the brakes still hissed and steamed when I hit 'em with water.

Reactions: Moxman

·
Registered
65 Posts
I plan to do mine in the spring. Anyone here seen the black Mustang decals that you can put on them? I recall lurking on another sight awhile back and saw something like that done to freshly painted calipers.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Check out anchor room Anchor Room
They have tons of cool decals.

·
Registered
2017 Ecoboost - 1” drop, C&L CAI, 92 octane performance Unleashed Tune, NGK plugs
25 Posts
View attachment 23803 View attachment 23805 View attachment 23807 View attachment 23809 Hand painted these with brush using Autotek calliper paint. It did not run and was quite thick. Needed 2 coats but looks quite good. Dried quickly and redcoat within one hour. Only time will tell how long it lasts. The back callipers are not as good looking as the fronts, guess that’s saving money for Fords.
Looks good! I’m planning on painting mine too. I either want red, or the grabber blue.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
801 Posts
View attachment 23803 View attachment 23805 View attachment 23807 View attachment 23809 Hand painted these with brush using Autotek calliper paint. It did not run and was quite thick. Needed 2 coats but looks quite good. Dried quickly and redcoat within one hour. Only time will tell how long it lasts. The back callipers are not as good looking as the fronts, guess that’s saving money for Fords.
Looks good I want to do mine at some stage. Did the Silvia years ago with the same stuff. Still on there to this day.

The back brakes are a standard configuration rear calliper found on most cars. Wouldn't say that Ford cheaped out. Yeah they don't look great but it's more about what works.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Really enjoying everybody's setups here - especially @Mustang_Corps (need to find pics of his whole car - I'm partial to that blue). I did my calipers too, to match the body. Paint's held up well despite many miles - of course I don't use the brakes anywhere near how hard @Squid does(!) (I'm mostly hwy miles).

Reactions: LostSAAB

·
Registered
61 Posts
VHT caliber paint.
Really enjoying everybody's setups here - especially @Mustang_Corps (need to find pics of his whole car - I'm partial to that blue). I did my calipers too, to match the body. Paint's held up well despite many miles - of course I don't use the brakes anywhere near how hard @Squid does(!) (I'm mostly hwy miles).
View attachment 39730 View attachment 39731

View attachment 39732
You can see my whole car in my profile and there are a lot more pics on my Instagram @Mustang_Corps .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just checked out your Instagram and looking forward to watching the American Muscle video. Very impressive & a beautiful build! Thank you for your service and for creating & sharing such a fitting tribute.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts