Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think so. I know the wire harness for the ambient light is there on the 18+ but not there on the 15-17
the wiring for the heated mirrors was a bit intimidating but it turned out really easy. You would just need to run a wire for the puddle lamp and then tap into it instead of pinning. You may want to try to get a 20 gauge in for ground so you can combine them both so you would have 1 less wire to run
I choose to run separate wires since i was doing them and didn't want to have to run them back again, also I didn't have any 20 gauge, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think so. I know the wire harness for the ambient light is there on the 18+ but not there on the 15-17
the wiring for the heated mirrors was a bit intimidating but it turned out really easy. You would just need to run a wire for the puddle lamp and then tap into it instead of pinning. You may want to try to get a 20 gauge in for ground so you can combine them both so you would have 1 less wire to run
I choose to run separate wires since i was doing them and didn't want to have to run them back again, also I didn't have any 20 gauge, lol
Bought a premium mirror and installed it today on my base model. Turn signal and heating function both work without any changes necessary! Puddle lamp doesn't work, but I might have a faulty light since I bought it off eBay haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know if the wiring harness for cup holder ambient lighting is on 18+ base models?

·
Registered
93 Posts
One guy on the Mustang6g forums said all he had to do for his base was to get the led's as the harness was already there and he had to do a little programming.
I know that on the 15-17 base mustangs they used a different harness and it looks like from the 18+ they used the same harness for both base and premium.
In my case i used an ambient lighting kit but yours should be in the trunk in the passenger side. Below is a picture of the module. In my case I had just the black harness plugged in and the other was free

11.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
One guy on the Mustang6g forums said all he had to do for his base was to get the led's as the harness was already there and he had to do a little programming.
I know that on the 15-17 base mustangs they used a different harness and it looks like from the 18+ they used the same harness for both base and premium.
In my case i used an ambient lighting kit but yours should be in the trunk in the passenger side. Below is a picture of the module. In my case I had just the black harness plugged in and the other was free

View attachment 36754
So you have to wire it all the way to the trunk from the cup holder?

·
Registered
93 Posts
not for the cup holder. If you have a 18+ you should have the second harness. If you do then you just need to add the led's and program with forscan.
In my case, with the '17 I just needed this kit Genuine OEM Ford Interior Light Kit CL8Z-13E700-AA | eBay
that I got of Tascaparts for $197 and the cupholder led's. I got and entire console with mycolor for about $45 and I swapped out the base of the cupholders and leds for my own and ran the 2 extra leds that came with the kit to the footwells and tapped into power in the passenger footwell and it works.
I did not run any wires to the doors and it seemed like more of a hassle
With the kit i didn't wire all the way to the trunk. The 18+ should have the same harness as the premium models and you should just need to add the leds in the door and cupholders and program them in forscan
Thanks

21 - 26 of 26 Posts