Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
There’s just no need. Oem heat is where it’s at for oem tune / Cobb 1/2/3 and ford perf

this was my plugs at 25k miles with ford perf tune. All was perfectly gapped 0.028. I only changed plugs because read ruthenium hx plugs are the shizzle. 90495 is stock heat ngk ruthenium

A32F084D-F9C9-416F-B302-D6240085F7FD.jpeg
D1968FA5-A43B-4EF9-9CD4-24820138D314.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only reason cobb says to use cobb parts is so that cobb makes the money and not another manufacturer. You'll be fine with equivalent parts from other companies.
This is it. This is the real reason. Cobb wants your money. They don't want you going to CVF and getting a cheaper and same quality intercooler.

BTW I run Cobb Stage 2 and I have a CVF street intercooler. No problems, keeps my air temps low.

·
Super Moderator
6,351 Posts
The only reason cobb says to use cobb parts is so that cobb makes the money and not another manufacturer. You'll be fine with equivalent parts from other companies.
Less than 30% true. Yes they (like Adam and the rest) make money off of selling their products.

Their OTS tunes are developed in house, on their dyno with their own test mule. I met their test mule some years ago, when I had work done at their shop. It does have their own parts on it, because, face it, it's Cobb. Since they develop the tunes on their own equipment, it's safe to say they are designed for that. It would be next to impossible to develop an OTS for everyone's different parts lists ... that becomes a custom tune.

Cobb will tune with other parts on the car, they tuned mine. They will say that the OTS tune will work with other parts, but they were not developed nor take full advantage of someone else's parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just wish someone would make a video comparing a few intercoolers so we can gauge how they compare with each other. It would clear a lot of air.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I just wish someone would make a video comparing a few intercoolers so we can gauge how they compare with each other. It would clear a lot of air.
I would be shocked if different brands of intercoolers made any noticeable difference in power. Obviously race v. street would be different. But race v. race, street v. street would be very similar I think across brands. Same with downpipes in my opinion (catted, catless vs. the same of course). I respect @Squid 's thoughts of course, but I feel a lot of it is covering their backside, and promoting their own line over others. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Reactions: MattSin97

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I would be shocked if different brands of intercoolers made any noticeable difference in power. Obviously race v. street would be different. But race v. race, street v. street would be very similar I think across brands. Same with downpipes in my opinion (catted, catless vs. the same of course). I respect @Squid 's thoughts of course, but I feel a lot of it is covering their backside, and promoting their own line over others. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
They do put the time to put free tunes out to people, it’s great to give them products along with it

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
They do put the time to put free tunes out to people, it’s great to give them products along with it
Oh for sure, and I'm not dogging them. They're a good company with a lot of knowledge. The fact that they include their tunes for free is great in my opinion.

Reactions: MattSin97
21 - 30 of 30 Posts