Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere around here but I cannot find it. Car and Driver had an article pitting the Mustang 2.3 HPP vs. Supra 2.0.

Now I'm not a fan of any of the mags as they are quite biased now. To the point where it's a joke. And their writing downright sucks. I've been reading all of them well before one could read them on a computer screen.

This match right off the bat I felt was BS as they needed to pit an auto with an auto. Just because a manual is "the one we'd buy" doesn't make it the right choice. They are idiots. IF an auto wasn't available, that's fine and just say so. But that's not what they said. Anyway, the Mustang more or less got its ass kicked. Let's be clear: .5 second loss is an ass whooping. And the further the cars traveled, the worse it became. I was a little let down. But in hindsight the Mustang with the manual is right where it should be I guess. I definitely would have loved to have seen if the auto could have hit 4.5 0-60. It probably could.

Besides the numbers, any time they give an opinion, I'm usually of opposite opinion or just ignore. So in the end, I'd rather have the Mustang HPP. And I'd rather have a Mustang GT over the 3.0 version. But they are nice cars no doubt.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
523 Posts
The Supra is well overpriced here $100k with the accessories easy

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I must say I do prefer the more traditional simple engine cover on the Supra.
The Ecoboost cover looks like it was designed by a committee rather than one person. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I’m not sure that many are cross-shopping these cars but the car mags have to write about something I guess.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The Supra suffers from the same thing many Japanese cars do. Very disjointed styling, it's a car I would never consider because of the way it looks. Now the new Nissan 400Z is something I could get excited about.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nah. Gimme a Mustang any day of the week.

Reactions: DanS and G-PaTX

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
One thing you won't get owning the Supra versus Ecoboost is .... "You should have bought a V8". :)

The other thing is resale value... The Supra will hold its value better.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang 6MT HPP/HP
48 Posts
Acceleration was not bad, braking and lateral Gs were not bad but the funny numbers are 1.1 second slower to 100 but only 0.5 seconds to the 1/4 mile at over 100?? Also we do not know how many miles on the test cars. My HPP did not get to its best self until about 3K. Still being over 450 pounds lighter is quite the advantage for the Supra.

·
Registered
932 Posts
The Supra suffers from the same thing many Japanese cars do. Very disjointed styling, it's a car I would never consider because of the way it looks. Now the new Nissan 400Z is something I could get excited about.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
I'm digging that 400z a lot. The front grille to me is a little weird though (provided they go with the prototype grille). I'm assuming the aftermarket will take care of that though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, we’re probably biased, but the Mustang is the better choice for several reasons:

• styling
  • history / heritage
  • overall performance for the money
  • aftermarket support
  • factory Ford Performance support

and frankly, it just feels great to drive!

·
Registered
150 Posts
based on the prices listed for both cars, the whole comparo is ridiculous. The Supra is over $50K. I can go to my local ford dealer today and pick up a 2020 5.0 PP GT w/10spd auto for $40K. Add $6K for a Supercharger kit and you have a 700+hp monster for less than the price of a 4cyl BMW Zupra. And anyone paying $42K for an Ecoboost Mustang has more dollars than common sense...I can buy a used C7 corvette w/less than 25k miles on it for that kind of cash if bang for the buck is the name of the game.

Reactions: JAKE

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got a smoking deal on my 2020 EB basic with carbon fiber dash, stripes and 19” rims for 28K !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts