Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS the UPR catch can as good as or does the same work as the 2 Ford Performance cans? I want to do the best for my 18 Eco Convertible. I do have the Airaid intake tube with stock airbox and Pypes axle back with resonator delete.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
IS the UPR catch can as good as or does the same work as the 2 Ford Performance cans? I want to do the best for my 18 Eco Convertible. I do have the Airaid intake tube with stock airbox and Pypes axle back with resonator delete.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If your running stock or even a mild tune, all you really need is the "dirty side" catchcan, which is the driver side. ANY catchcan that you can place in between the throttle body and the PCV plate is a good idea. UPR makes a solid product. I have the FP catchcan. I've had both. But the "clean side" (passenger side) will trip a PCV pressure CEL. Just get yourself a catchcan for the PCV plate and you'll be fine. UPR, FP, JLT, Mishimoto, you can't really go wrong. Just stay away from modding hte "clean side". Again, this is where the CEL will trip.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
View attachment 41038

I have a dual setup from Boomba Racing. Zero codes. Love the quality and performance.
Would you mind linking the exact product? I’d like to see how they get around that. I believe on one of their solutions they have you hack up the OEM hose, no?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the great information from each of you. The Boomba seems a little more involved to install as I am not as mechanically inclined as others.
Okay, so If if dont get both sides, which BRAND of can should I get? Ford Performance or the UPR?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Watched it. Yeah, its what I thought. They basically have you re-use the OEM pcv fittings by cutting them off the OEM hoses. The sensor on the valve cover side also gets reused. It's interesting. The FP catchcan solution for the valve cover side seems to ALWAYS trip a code for users, even though it has its OWN electrical OEM connector, but your Boomba isn't tripping the CEL :unsure:. I'd really like to now know if there are OTHER "clean side" solutions that won't trip the CEL. UPR??

·
Registered
109 Posts
It is a little more involved but all I did was follow the video step-by-step and took my time. I haven't thrown a code yet and November will be 4 years.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Running the Mishimoto can on the dirty/driver's side. This is after 700 miles on a 24,000 mile engine:
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tin can Beverage can Rim

The kit supplies complete hose/coupler assemblies, so it's a simple R&R to install. The worst part by far is getting the original couplers to release from the manifold and PCV valve. Haunt a few Youtube videos for pointers on how they come apart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts