Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Looks great. I'm guessing that was not a one-afternoon job?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost. I dropped off on a Thursday evening around 1600, Work done on Friday, overnight cure, picked up at 0800 Saturday. They seriously pushed it with 3 guys doing the paint correction.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I got to agree that ceramic coatings are the way to go today.
I was always a wax it type of guy, until I saw the light of modern Nano technology coatings.
I use Gyeon ceramic coatings on my EB and keep it "topped up" with Mothers CMX ceramic coating every month or so.
Car stays much cleaner, and is always slick to the touch.

Reactions: Whistler46

·
Registered
239 Posts
Gyeon is another really good, popular ceramic brand. I will eventually upgrade to one of the more popular, harder to apply ceramics, but I really wanted to get my feet wet with an easier application to start as this was my first time trying a semi permanent coating. Yalls cars look amazing. I used BlackFire ceramic coating which is one of autogeeks house brands so I'll be keeping an eye on its Iongevity, water sheeting and shine properties over time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My only issue thus far in FL is that we have extraordinarily hard water, so when I wash, it's prone to water spotting. A little wipe with the G2 Crystal spray wipes it right off, but I've been trying to avoid touching the paint as much as possible to avoid any potential micro scratches, etc. I'm currently using Chemical Guys honeydew wash with a foam cannon maybe 1-2 times a week to keep it clean and avoid having to touch it with a mitt / bucket method.

I will say that I kinda wish i had waited a little longer before I ceramic-ed, I'm thinking about replacing the Spoiler and adding the 2.3T badges, but I'm not 100% sure how that will affect the existing ceramic, and I don't want to have to have issues trying to apply the badges to the fenders with the Ceramic "non stick" properties. But so far, with all the maintenance washing its beading and keeping relatively clean pretty well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice work! The paint correction and prep is what really makes the difference with Ceramic. My shadow black took 5 rounds of correction, but it came out amazing.

I've gotten ceramic happy. I spent all last weekend 2 stepping my sons focus st. Just finished applying a ceramic coating on it. View attachment 36691

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in Largo do you mind if I ask the price?
Not at all. Reeders in Largo, charged me 1100 for the following:
Paint Correction and Prep - My car is Shadow Black, and took 5 rounds of correction to get it polished out and smooth
Gtechniq Coatings on all interior surfaces - Seats, Dash, Console and door panels
Gtechniq coatings on exterior glass - 6 month application
Gtechniq coating on Wheels - 6 month application
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black 9 year Coat - All exterior paint surfaces
1 500 ml Bottle of C2 crystal as a post wash polish as needed.

all coats have lifetime warranty, and include Scratch/dent repair for minor scratches. Finally, they include a full maintenance detail and replenish package every 6 months at the shop. replenishes interior and glass/wheel coverage.

Application took 2 days, 1 for paint prep and correction, and 1 for application and cure time. During this time they also did 15% tint all around as an add on package, so it was a single drop off period. I'm considering a new spoiler install, I need to call and find out what the cost for the protection would be on the spoiler if/when replaced.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice work! The paint correction and prep is what really makes the difference with Ceramic. My shadow black took 5 rounds of correction, but it came out amazing.
Absolutely, the paint correction and prep work has to be flawless for best results. My sons car was riddled with scratches and swirls. Took me 2 whole days to correct and about 6 hours to apply the ceramic which for me is the fun part. I'm loving the end result.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Absolutely, the paint correction and prep work has to be flawless for best results. My sons car was riddled with scratches and swirls. Took me 2 whole days to correct and about 6 hours to apply the ceramic which for me is the fun part. I'm loving the end result.
As you should, from the photos it looks amazing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts