Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car been sitting for 2 month in my garage do to winter time and I don't take it out on the salty roads. after 2 month I turn it on at 1am in 14 degree weather and after it turn on I receive check engine light bank 1 sensor 2 downstream sensor circuit high voltage p0138. could it be the cause of cold freezing weather and not running for 2 month with disconnected battery. had battery off as I was doing some work on the trunk and I had my battery in the trunk and I left the battery on a trigger charger and never put it back on do to no time and to cold just to put the battery on. could turning the car on cause so much smoke that cause sensor to go off or weather damage the sensor. I check connection all looks good. any help or suggestion greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I don't know about the downstream sensor, but the upstream has a built-in heater. So it's a possibility!??

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
upstream is fine, its just downstream. or maybe I was thinking that since car been sitting for a long time and battery was disconnected I have to drive for it to re learn maybe not sure but it could be a possibility of both cold weather 14 degree weather causing enough smoke that's kicking the sensor or need to drive after seating for a while. I don't want to buy a new one and then finding out all I had to do is drive the car or finding out sitting for a long time in cold weather is damaging the sensor cause the car will be seating for a while until weather gets warm and all salt is of the roads.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
You may want to check if you have any other codes, add a note to your maintenance records and then reset your electronic system. And then restart your car on a warmer day after your battery has been hooked up and charged.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may want to check if you have any other codes, add a note to your maintenance records and then reset your electronic system. And then restart your car on a warmer day after your battery has been hooked up and charged.
I do have 2 other codes, one which I always had dont remember the code something about supercharger again always had it and the other is P051D Excessive crankcase pressure which could be the cause of maybe cold weather and all the fluids are super cold since it been siting for 2 month. I did reset the codes and they did come back

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once the weather warms up, I'd run the car a bit before changing any hardware. Since you did have the battery disconnected, I'd give it some miles to re-learn things. Hopefully, that's all it will take.
that's what I was planning to do but just knowing I have that code bothers me but I have to wait 3 month I guess. at the moment I will still have couple things to do. I did also disconnect the ecu for a while but that shouldn't matter since battery was disconnected. owell time will tell.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
On replacing/reconnecting the battery, refer to page 237 in the manual (2018) regarding start up procedures. Amongst other things, you are to start the car and let in run until it reaches operating temperature, then let it run for another 60 seconds, then drive it for at least 10 miles (16km) for it to relearn idle trim and fuel strategies. If you are replacing the battery, the car needs to sit, locked, for at least eight hours to reset the battery management system, which is probably best to do ahead of the start up procedure. Or you can reset the BMS by doing the following within a 10 second time period: place car in accessory mode (i.e., push start button w/o starting engine); pull and release high beam 5 times; press and release brake pedal 3 times; if successful, battery warning light in dash will flash 3 times in the following 15 seconds.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On replacing/reconnecting the battery, refer to page 237 in the manual (2018) regarding start up procedures. Amongst other things, you are to start the car and let in run until it reaches operating temperature, then let it run for another 60 seconds, then drive it for at least 10 miles (16km) for it to relearn idle trim and fuel strategies. If you are replacing the battery, the car needs to sit, locked, for at least eight hours to reset the battery management system, which is probably best to do ahead of the start up procedure. Or you can reset the BMS by doing the following within a 10 second time period: place car in accessory mode (i.e., push start button w/o starting engine); pull and release high beam 5 times; press and release brake pedal 3 times; if successful, battery warning light in dash will flash 3 times in the following 15 seconds.
sweet thanks will do . also saving this procedures for later use in case.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If anyone has suggestion on why I am getting this. I read it in a post someone had it but can't seem to find that post or how they fixed it. I think I should go to original map then drive for a while then go back to stage 2 . Numbers are bugging out. Oct is not at one but this might because of no driving and to cold with battery off for 2 month
Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Trip computer Car

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
If anyone has suggestion on why I am getting this. I read it in a post someone had it but can't seem to find that post or how they fixed it. I think I should go to original map then drive for a while then go back to stage 2 . Numbers are bugging out. Oct is not at one but this might because of no driving and to cold with battery off for 2 month View attachment 41548
I just logged 2 runs on 93 octane pump gas. And I'm getting the same -0.75 reading!??

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just logged 2 runs on 93 octane pump gas. And I'm getting the same -0.75 reading!??
Really.. interesting and I thought my car sitting for long time with battery disconnected would be the cause of it. Turn the car on today 7 degrees outside and notice it with the other numbers bugging out. I will be going back ti stock map then driving it for 100 miles to give it time to relearn and then if all good I go back to stage 2 .. I have high crankcase pressure but thats cause I assume oil to dang cold

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Really.. interesting and I thought my car sitting for long time with battery disconnected would be the cause of it. Turn the car on today 7 degrees outside and notice it with the other numbers bugging out. I will be going back ti stock map then driving it for 100 miles to give it time to relearn and then if all good I go back to stage 2 .. I have high crankcase pressure but thats cause I assume oil to dang cold
I looked at a few older logs, I did before adding the 93 octane pump gas and my readings are 1.00!??
What was in my tank before was summer fuel I mixed (93 octane and a splash of ethanol).
My car has also been sitting since the end of racing season. And the battery did go dead.
But, I always thought that a low or negative number on a 2018+ Ecoboost was related to the quality of fuel!??
You may want to change your tune from 93 octane to 91 octane, and leave it at stage 2. Then if your numbers don't improve, try stage 1...
Regardless, I wouldn't push your car too hard. "Poor fuel quality may be harmful to it's health"...lol

Reactions: B2B

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I looked at a few older logs, I did before adding the 93 octane pump gas and my readings are 1.00!??
What was in my tank before was summer fuel I mixed (93 octane and a splash of ethanol).
My car has also been sitting since the end of racing season. And the battery did go dead.
But, I always thought that a low or negative number on a 2018+ Ecoboost was related to the quality of fuel!??
You may want to change your tune from 93 octane to 91 octane, and leave it at stage 2. Then if your numbers don't improve, try stage 1...
Regardless, I wouldn't push your car too hard. "Poor fuel quality may be harmful to it's health"...lol
Your right but the odd thing is I always use same station same 93since I bought it and I always maintain 1.00 but now after 2 month no driving and battery off cold weather at 14 well now 7 .. I get this bullsh. I am going to purchase a new 02 sensor downstream since my code is from that even if the sensor is good just want to see if something changes. What sucks is that its going to snow tonight and they spray liquid salt on the road . I don't want that to get under my car. Once I remember I had .9 something but I drove and it went to 1.00 after maybe 15 miles

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I'm not getting any codes.
I'm wondering if I don't just have contaminated fuel or a little water from condensation in my tank!?

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks. Problem fix.the night before I clean my 02 sensor . This morning 6am Did a battery reset as jhonnybee said then I let it warm up for 30 min. Still had check engine light move the car outside of my garage . Then 6 hours later I warm it up for 30 min shut it off Then reset ecu. Then went to stage 0, warm it for 15 min more cause even if the temp looks fine the oil still not warm enough. So then I shut it off turn it on accessories then went to stage 1 93oct. Turn it off then back on. It still showed -.75 so I drove for 15 min. Normal driving but from 2 to 4th shift 3k to close to 4 but but never went above 60mph and never did any hard pulls. After 10 min it went to -.94 then I drove normally and nothing change so I let it Rev much longer before I shift but never went past 4k and finally it went to -1.00 with no codes and check engine light. So in conclusion dam cold screwed up everything and made it worst having battery disconnected for a long time also having stage 3 was not good idea when its to cold cause i guess to much fuel with cold winds not good. .. now it seats outside cover up cause I have work to do on 370z .

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update on the check engine light bank 1 sensor 2 downstream sensor circuit high voltage p0138. The code did return so I ended up purchasing a new downstream walker 02 sensor drove 30 miles today and no check engine so I am assuming it was the 02 sensor that went bad some how when I turn the car on at 14 degrees outside while being seating for 2 month. For right now all looks good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts