Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave the Mishimoto Catchcan to my mechanic to install after installing an intercooler earlier that day.
He did this- I just learned due to a different post I made this might not be 'right' since it's a cleanside solution.
I have no CEL as the sensor seems to have been fabricated by my guy.

Is this an issue?
Should it be removed/moved?
Should I trash the entire set-up and just go UPR at this point?

Punching myself for not doing the research prior and assuming he would toss it in right, lol.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
If its not throwing a CEL, it actually looks like a pretty good job by your guy, and I would think you could leave as-is. The only 'issue' I see is that the majority of the time, you are in vaccuum, and NOT in boost. Hence, the oily vapors will go out your "dirtyside" line (driverside, on the PCV plate) most of the time. That's where a catchcan will be most effective, but its nice to have one here too. It 'usual' that people do the other side first. But like I said, looks okay by me, unless someone else sees something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its not throwing a CEL, it actually looks like a pretty good job by your guy, and I would think you could leave as-is. The only 'issue' I see is that the majority of the time, you are in vaccuum, and NOT in boost. Hence, the oily vapors will go out your "dirtyside" line (driverside, on the PCV plate) most of the time. That's where a catchcan will be most effective, but its nice to have one here too. It 'usual' that people do the other side first. But like I said, looks okay by me, unless someone else sees something.
For sure- so theoretically could I just install a second mishimoto on the other side? Is that a thing?
Apologies for stupid questions, I'm very new to this whole thing and haven't done a lot of research.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
Personally I would be upset with the mechanic and make redo it properly, following Mishimoto's instructions.

Also, I can't imagine trying to get the can off to empty it while it's over the turbo like that..

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'd be worried about the specification of the hose used. It needs to be heat and oil resistant. Probably not, but my first thought looking at it was that he used garden hose.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Why put a catch can on the clean side? Seems like a waste of money and added complexity to me? No offense intended, I'm just not aware of a reason one would do that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why put a catch can on the clean side? Seems like a waste of money and added complexity to me? No offense intended, I'm just not aware of a reason one would do that.
I'm curious as well. I don't do a lot of long duration high boost/high rpm running with my car. I do have a Mishimoto intake side catch can that I catch about 1/4" of oil every couple of months, so I'm interested just how much oil you guys catch in the clean side cans too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts