Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to put a new spoiler on and I have some clear coat damage that will be exposed. Trying to get a second opinion on whether or not I should get the trunk refinished or just leave it like that. It shouldn’t be too noticeable but i don’t know if the damage would cause bigger problems down the road. Anyone have any thoughts?
Plant Wood Tints and shades Magenta Pattern

Brown Wood Textile Pink Material property

Wood Tints and shades Magenta Pattern Peach

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
301 Posts
Should be able to have that buffed down or retrouch with a paint pen from ford. prob best to have a professional do it like a detailer specializing in paint correction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be able to have that buffed down or retrouch with a paint pen from ford. prob best to have a professional do it like a detailer specializing in paint correction.
I took it to my shop and they told be that they would have to completely refinish the whole trunk.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
301 Posts
Based off the photos it's hard to tell but if they are recommending a complete refinish, then I would suspect that its worse than it seems in the photos as in "down to the metal" level? It's up to you if the spoiler will cover the damaged areas if you want to go that far, or put some clear on it to prevent rust and cover the exposed areas. Have you test fit the spoiler to the trunk yet and does it cover the area? I know that I found when i recently installed my V series that the spoiler depth was about 1/4 inch shorter than the stock "wedge" spoiler, and I had to spend a lot of time with goo gone to clean the exposed area from the removal of the old spoiler. I did also have some fine scratches on my deck lid as well under the old spoiler area that were exposed, but they are surface level clearcoat scratches that should be buffable when I take the car in for its bi annual ceramic refresh.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,274 Posts
I took it to my shop and they told be that they would have to completely refinish the whole trunk.
When I scratched my rear wheel arch up I thought a lot of places were over the top with such a local repair. Some if them want upwards of $3k and almost forcing me to go through insurance.

I got a really awesome job done for $600 and ended up taking my bumper back on S14 to have that sprayed as well for the same price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.