Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys idk if this is the right forum but i have a 2017 eco boost with clogged cats. I’m a noob to this so i’m confused lol. I’m just wondering if i put a cvfab catted down pipe in will that fix my issue or will i have to replace the cats as well? I really don’t want to buy new cats especially oem ones.

·
Administrator
3,757 Posts
The Ecoboost Mustang only has one catalytic converter, and it's part of the downpipe. If you replace the stock downpipe with a CVFab catted downpipe, you're replacing your stock cat with an aftermarket one...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi guys idk if this is the right forum but i have a 2017 eco boost with clogged cats. I’m a noob to this so i’m confused lol. I’m just wondering if i put a cvfab catted down pipe in will that fix my issue or will i have to replace the cats as well? I really don’t want to buy new cats especially oem ones.
I agree with zhent! But, what I don't know is, will the 200 (OEM is 400) cell "high flow" catalytic converter, pass the EPA regulations, in all 50 states?
Your also need an adapter for the downstream sensor.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I agree with zhent! But, what I don't know is, will the 200 (OEM is 400) cell "high flow" catalytic converter, pass the EPA regulations, in all 50 states?
Your also need an adapter for the downstream sensor.
No. I mean, just think about California. Its not happening. If your cat isn't cleaning well enough so that it trips a CEL, which is what the spacer is usually used for in hi-flow or uncatted setups....then you can pretty much guarantee that it isn't cleaning well enough for an emissions test in MOST states.

·
Registered
476 Posts
No. I mean, just think about California. Its not happening. If your cat isn't cleaning well enough so that it trips a CEL, which is what the spacer is usually used for in hi-flow or uncatted setups....then you can pretty much guarantee that it isn't cleaning well enough for an emissions test in MOST states.
Yep if it sets a CEL for cat efficiency error it will not pass an emission test. The spacer just keeps the PCM from recognizing the sensor value is out of range it does not change the tailpipe readings.

BD

·
Registered
476 Posts
You can place a WTB add for an OEM downpipe/cat since lots of people replace the stock one with aftermarket DPs. Likely could find a good deal on OEM.

But first you need to determine why the stock cat became plugged up to start with or you will end up with same issue. Plugged cats result from rich fuel conditions like leaking injectors. bad fuel, higher mileage, incorrect/incompatible fuel additives used, failed upstream O2 sensor, ETC. Plugged cat is a symptom of a more serious issue.

BD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts