Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Question for you?
Would you leave your Accessport permanently in the car when parked and unattended, like in shopping center carparks, or would you take it out and store (or hide it) in say the trunk?
It's an expensive item to leave set up and highly visible in the car all the time IMO.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Question for you?
Would you leave your Accessport permanently in the car when parked and unattended, like in shopping center carparks, or would you take it out and store (or hide it) in say the trunk?
It's an expensive item to leave set up and highly visible in the car all the time IMO.
It would not be in the car when I am not in the car, but the mount could stay

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Mine stays in all the time. I mounted it to the left of where that picture shows, next to the steering column, under the speedometer. It's not that obvious there, and I can prop it up on the dash for easier visibility if I need to see it while I'm driving.

Reactions: PonyLite

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine stays in all the time. I mounted it to the left of where that picture shows, next to the steering column, under the speedometer. It's not that obvious there, and I can prop it up on the dash for easier visibility if I need to see it while I'm driving.
Thanks for the feedback. If you get a chance, I’d be interested in seeing a picture of it mounted

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. If you get a chance, I’d be interested in seeing a picture of it mounted
Sorry it took so long, but here you go:

·
Registered
154 Posts

Not sure where to stick it but just waiting for the download status bar to finish..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thanks for sharing your pictures! Did you run the cable behind the dash from under the steering wheel?
Yes, and wrapped the cable around the steering column to take up most of the slack.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Question?
I am picking up my Cobb Accessport today, and I will need to fiqure out a good mounting point. (Possibly next to the center screen).
I like to run and hide the cable as much as possible from sight to be neat. (i.e. - under the trim / dash).

How long is the OBDII cable that comes with the Accessport?
Is it long enough to route and hide it as described?

Reactions: 9753

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Question?
I am picking up my Cobb Accessport today, and I will need to fiqure out a good mounting point. (Possibly next to the center screen).
I like to run and hide the cable as much as possible from sight to be neat. (i.e. - under the trim / dash).

That’s awesome! Was going to ask you if you were going to tune. Didn’t know that it was available in AUS.

Due to our extreme heat in AZ during summer, I wouldn’t leave anything in the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
That’s awesome! Was going to ask you if you were going to tune. Didn’t know that it was available in AUS.

Due to our extreme heat in AZ during summer, I wouldn’t leave anything in the vehicle.

Yeah, that is the reason I went for my front and rear dashcams that use a 'superconductor' instead of built-in rechargeable batteries.
Superconductor dashcams can withstand much higher cabin temperatures, and being mounted on the windshields means they are often in direct sunlight, and can be left permanently in the car even in summer without causing them to fail like ones with batteries. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Question?

The cable is long enough

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I didn't measure the cable, but it's long enough that I had to figure out what to do with all the slack left over from the OBDII to my mount point.

·
Super Moderator
6,434 Posts
corner of the windshield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts

Reactions: DRU842

·
Registered
284 Posts
I mounted mine on the passenger side of the radio plate and cord comes from the side of the glove box. I remove and put it in the glove box when I'm not in the car and all that is visible is the bracket on the dash. I originally had it on the driver's side, but it was harder to view in that location and there was no where to simply put it when leaving the car short of unplugging it and putting it in the console or glove box.

Doug

AP 1.JPG AP 2.JPG AP 3.JPG AP 4.JPG

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’ve been lazy, so for now, I am using the Scosche MagicMount on the air vent. It is magnetic, so the AccessPort attaches to it nicely, without needing a case. I am simply draping the cable over the steering column, until I decide on a more permanent solution. This works for the time being and it is an easy on and off. The AccessPort fits nicely in the sunglasses holder if I run into a store, etc, and I just leave the cable in the door pocket.
549C6843-7474-4E74-A9C5-57D018693183.jpeg

C6AB458C-8664-43D1-9990-D5601ECD68CB.jpeg

5DF12AB6-2EE3-4850-B0CE-0CA37F064371.jpeg

DB036BF4-F4D5-4902-BCF8-574503231C1F.jpeg

4D271C4D-CCBA-458C-A8EC-0F452B1B12D1.jpeg

E15ECFE8-72F0-4AE5-91A4-C4D46CA7FFCE.jpeg

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've been looking for a place to mount mine. It looks like most people mount theirs to the left of the radio. I was going to do that I think I'd like it to be in my line of site while I'm driving. I saw a bracket that I believe connects to the pillar without screws (I don't want to screw anything in). The ad shows a Subaru. I might contact them to see what they say about the Mustang.

2 Prong (Dual T) Mounting Plate with Tilt Swivel

For those who have been using an AP for awhile, would it be better for me to have it in easy site like this or I won't really need it active after I have everything set up?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts