Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I finally decided to order the Cobb Accessport V3 for the Stang Bang ! Most of the reviews I’ve read were positive so decided to go with this to add a little power. I do have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help with since this is my first time using an off the shelf tune. So I currently have the 18 AT Eco with the Performance Package, nothing else has been added. I do want to order the CVF street intercooler and Airade CAI. Is it a problem or would it make a difference if I add those two after I go Stage 1 91 Oct (live in Los Angeles)? If I do end up getting the intercooler and cai, do I then run stage 2 or can I keep it in stage 1? Also, I’ve read that some pulls must be done at a certain rpm and gear if I’m not mistaken to get the ecu acclimated to the car. Your help would be greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey guys,

I finally decided to order the Cobb Accessport V3 for the Stang Bang ! Most of the reviews I’ve read were positive so decided to go with this to add a little power. I do have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help with since this is my first time using an off the shelf tune. So I currently have the 18 AT Eco with the Performance Package, nothing else has been added. I do want to order the CVF street intercooler and Airade CAI. Is it a problem or would it make a difference if I add those two after I go Stage 1 91 Oct (live in Los Angeles)? If I do end up getting the intercooler and cai, do I then run stage 2 or can I keep it in stage 1? Also, I’ve read that some pulls must be done at a certain rpm and gear if I’m not mistaken to get the ecu acclimated to the car. Your help would be greatly appreciated !
good decision, I just got a used one, flashed stage 2 and its a little faster than the livernois motorsport tune, I have the JLT CAI and catch can, I ordered them from CVF, I have different downpipe though, I didn't know about cvf when I purchased my downpipe from private label manufacturing, it was catless, but then I ordered a 200 cell cat from amazon and had it welded to the downpipe, I hear the cvf's downpipe is outstanding, now does anybody think we need different spark plugs for cobb tunes?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good decision, I just got a used one, flashed stage 2 and its a little faster than the livernois motorsport tune, I have the JLT CAI and catch can, I ordered them from CVF, I have different downpipe though, I didn't know about cvf when I purchased my downpipe from private label manufacturing, it was catless, but then I ordered a 200 cell cat from amazon and had it welded to the downpipe, I hear the cvf's downpipe is outstanding, now does anybody think we need different spark plugs for cobb tunes?
I heard the NGK 1 Steps are good

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
437 Posts
Stage 1 is basically for a stock car. They recommend a drop in high flow filter but you can still run stage 1 with stock air filter. In all honesty an intercooler should be the first Mod for these cars in my opinion and if you're going to get a IC I'd definitely run stage 2. I've ran all 3 stages on my 2020 HPP and thought they were decent but nothing like a pro tune specific to your car.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stage 1 is basically for a stock car. They recommend a drop in high flow filter but you can still run stage 1 with stock air filter. In all honesty an intercooler should be the first Mod for these cars in my opinion and if you're going to get a IC I'd definitely run stage 2. I've ran all 3 stages on my 2020 HPP and thought they were decent but nothing like a pro tune specific to your car.

Thanks for the input on that. Can the high end drop filter be bought at local auto zones ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the input on that. Can the high end drop filter be bought at local auto zones ?
I'd buy it from cvfab.com if they can get a decent price, I ask them on the chat box, and you can compare prices, sometimes they can match the price, free shipping and no tax.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd buy it from cvfab.com if they can get a decent price, I ask them on the chat box, and you can compare prices, sometimes they can match the price, free shipping and no tax.
I might as well just order it with the intercooler then haha. I’m leaning towards the airaid. Although like you mentioned I could save some money by just getting the drop in filter. I don’t plan on getting an exhaust anytime soon though so maybe the full intake for a nice turbo psssshhhh will do the trick for now

·
Registered
119 Posts
I might as well just order it with the intercooler then haha. I’m leaning towards the airaid. Although like you mentioned I could save some money by just getting the drop in filter. I don’t plan on getting an exhaust anytime soon though so maybe the full intake for a nice turbo psssshhhh will do the trick for now
I love my JLT Cai and oil catch can I ordered through cvfab.com

·
Registered
437 Posts
The intake won't get you the pssshhhh and is really a waste of money. Drop in filter is all you need. If you want the psssshhhhh get a BOV.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Definitely upgrade the intercooler if you ordered the COBB AP. I think that the intercooler and oil catch can should be your first performance mods that you get. These OTS maps are good to run for a while WITH THE CORRECT MODS until you can get a custom tune. Custom tunes are so much better than the COBB OTS maps because it's tailored to your car specifically. Get colder plugs before you get a custom tune. I'm in the process of having mine done now by Ryan @ PD Tuning. Trust me when I say this and I know that other guys can vouch for what I say. It makes a huge difference in the performance of the car. Plus you can feel your car getting dailed in with every revision. It's pretty damn cool. Get a BOV if you want that pssshhhh sound.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Definitely upgrade the intercooler if you ordered the COBB AP. I think that the intercooler and oil catch can should be your first performance mods that you get. These OTS maps are good to run for a while WITH THE CORRECT MODS until you can get a custom tune. Custom tunes are so much better than the COBB OTS maps because it's tailored to your car specifically. Get colder plugs before you get a custom tune. I'm in the process of having mine done now by Ryan @ PD Tuning. Trust me when I say this and I know that other guys can vouch for what I say. It makes a huge difference in the performance of the car. Plus you can feel your car getting dailed in with every revision. It's pretty damn cool. Get a BOV if you want that pssshhhh sound.
Definitely add the est HP and Torque gauges to the AP while you're tuning that way you see the difference with each revision.......good times!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Appreciate the help. So I just ordered the Cvf street intercooler and airaid cai. Some more questions as this is my first time tuning a car. Do I wait to add the Cobb tune after the intercooler, cai have been installed and load up the stage 2 from the get go? Or can I get it going with stage 1 then add the intercooler and cai? Or doesn’t matter

·
Registered
437 Posts
Appreciate the help. So I just ordered the Cvf street intercooler and airaid cai. Some more questions as this is my first time tuning a car. Do I wait to add the Cobb tune after the intercooler, cai have been installed and load up the stage 2 from the get go? Or can I get it going with stage 1 then add the intercooler and cai? Or doesn’t matter
Load up stage 1 now and let er rip!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not sure if you ordered the charge pipes to, if you didn't I would definitely get T bolt clamps and ditch the worm gear clamps where the couplers mate to the inlet and outlet of the intercooler.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts