Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
The intake won't get you the pssshhhh and is really a waste of money. Drop in filter is all you need. If you want the psssshhhhh get a BOV.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I dunno if my JLT true Cai is giving me better performance or not, but I sure can hear the rushing air just idling let alone when I floor it, and I can notice the difference between my livernois and stage 2 Cobb, and I bet stage 1 is the equivalent to the livernois motorsports tune.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not sure if you ordered the charge pipes to, if you didn't I would definitely get T bolt clamps and ditch the worm gear clamps where the couplers mate to the inlet and outlet of the intercooler.

Steve,
I did get the charge pipes actually since they were discounted when bundling with the intercooler. I got the OEM charge pipes from Cvf.

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
437 Posts
Steve,
I did get the charge pipes actually since they were discounted when bundling with the intercooler. I got the OEM charge pipes from Cvf.
Perfect! Those come with all the T-Bolt clamps you will need!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So I just finished my Cobb installation stage 1, and did not get any flashing lights as people mentioned. Is that normal or should I be worried ? Haha

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Definitely upgrade the intercooler if you ordered the COBB AP. I think that the intercooler and oil catch can should be your first performance mods that you get. These OTS maps are good to run for a while WITH THE CORRECT MODS until you can get a custom tune. Custom tunes are so much better than the COBB OTS maps because it's tailored to your car specifically. Get colder plugs before you get a custom tune. I'm in the process of having mine done now by Ryan @ PD Tuning. Trust me when I say this and I know that other guys can vouch for what I say. It makes a huge difference in the performance of the car. Plus you can feel your car getting dailed in with every revision. It's pretty damn cool. Get a BOV if you want that pssshhhh sound.
Hey Steve,

Trying to to find the OAR gauge but cannot find on Accessport, would it be the fuel system status ?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey Steve,

Trying to to find the OAR gauge but cannot find on Accessport, would it be the fuel system status ?
For 18+ cars you'll be looking for knock Octane Modifier and will read 1.00 if everything is optimal. So it will show KOM on the gauge itself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
For 18+ cars you'll be looking for knock Octane Modifier and will read 1.00 if everything is optimal. So it will show KOM on the gauge itself.

Okay there we go now I know where to look.
Also when installing the Accessport I didn’t experience the random lights going on and off is that an issue ? I just hit the start button as told on directions not tuning the car on. I did do a couple pulls and saw the boost gauge hit 22psi so assuming it’s all good haha ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I need to look at the boost gauge, I have stage 2 installed, but I notice it's a little faster than my livernois motorsports tune

·
Registered
437 Posts
Okay there we go now I know where to look.
Also when installing the Accessport I didn’t experience the random lights going on and off is that an issue ? I just hit the start button as told on directions not tuning the car on. I did do a couple pulls and saw the boost gauge hit 22psi so assuming it’s all good haha ?
There are no flashing lights but your instrument cluster will cycle a few screens like traction control, hill assist off etc.....one thing I ALWAYS do after loading a new tune is scroll down and click on "see current tune" that way I always know I loaded the right tune. This is especially important when pro tuning and making sure you loaded the right revision.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There are no flashing lights but your instrument cluster will cycle a few screens like traction control, hill assist off etc.....one thing I ALWAYS do after loading a new tune is scroll down and click on "see current tune" that way I always know I loaded the right tune. This is especially important when pro tuning and making sure you loaded the right revision.

Yes that happen once with my livernois motorsports tune when I retuned it but just toggled the start button and it was fixed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Alright did see that, and did check on the current tune which was the stage1 91 octane I chose. Also, I unplugged everything after driving around for a while.Thats okay to do right? Excuse all the questions I’m a newb to all this 😅

·
Registered
437 Posts
Alright did see that, and did check on the current tune which was the stage1 91 octane I chose. Also, I unplugged everything after driving around for a while.Thats okay to do right? Excuse all the questions I’m a newb to all this
Yeah that's fine, I don't leave my AP plugged in because I monitor everything with my Torque Pro App and phone.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey guys,

I finally decided to order the Cobb Accessport V3 for the Stang Bang ! Most of the reviews I’ve read were positive so decided to go with this to add a little power. I do have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help with since this is my first time using an off the shelf tune. So I currently have the 18 AT Eco with the Performance Package, nothing else has been added. I do want to order the CVF street intercooler and Airade CAI. Is it a problem or would it make a difference if I add those two after I go Stage 1 91 Oct (live in Los Angeles)? If I do end up getting the intercooler and cai, do I then run stage 2 or can I keep it in stage 1? Also, I’ve read that some pulls must be done at a certain rpm and gear if I’m not mistaken to get the ecu acclimated to the car. Your help would be greatly appreciated !
I bought mine back in 2015 for my 2015 ecoboost ...i'm running stage 1 93 octane thats all the performance i need with that tune ... i added a intercooler and a roush CAI along with a DV+ diverter valve and everything goes out thru a resonator delete to stock exhaust oh i forgot the NGK 1 step colder plugs .. it runs great and i still get 26 in the city and 34 mpg on the highway .... enjoy your car !!! vince

21 - 35 of 35 Posts