Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Cobb Accessport V3 for 2018

4K views 34 replies 6 participants last post by  ECOSTNG 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I finally decided to order the Cobb Accessport V3 for the Stang Bang ! Most of the reviews I’ve read were positive so decided to go with this to add a little power. I do have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help with since this is my first time using an off the shelf tune. So I currently have the 18 AT Eco with the Performance Package, nothing else has been added. I do want to order the CVF street intercooler and Airade CAI. Is it a problem or would it make a difference if I add those two after I go Stage 1 91 Oct (live in Los Angeles)? If I do end up getting the intercooler and cai, do I then run stage 2 or can I keep it in stage 1? Also, I’ve read that some pulls must be done at a certain rpm and gear if I’m not mistaken to get the ecu acclimated to the car. Your help would be greatly appreciated !

#2 ·
Hey guys,

I finally decided to order the Cobb Accessport V3 for the Stang Bang ! Most of the reviews I’ve read were positive so decided to go with this to add a little power. I do have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help with since this is my first time using an off the shelf tune. So I currently have the 18 AT Eco with the Performance Package, nothing else has been added. I do want to order the CVF street intercooler and Airade CAI. Is it a problem or would it make a difference if I add those two after I go Stage 1 91 Oct (live in Los Angeles)? If I do end up getting the intercooler and cai, do I then run stage 2 or can I keep it in stage 1? Also, I’ve read that some pulls must be done at a certain rpm and gear if I’m not mistaken to get the ecu acclimated to the car. Your help would be greatly appreciated !
good decision, I just got a used one, flashed stage 2 and its a little faster than the livernois motorsport tune, I have the JLT CAI and catch can, I ordered them from CVF, I have different downpipe though, I didn't know about cvf when I purchased my downpipe from private label manufacturing, it was catless, but then I ordered a 200 cell cat from amazon and had it welded to the downpipe, I hear the cvf's downpipe is outstanding, now does anybody think we need different spark plugs for cobb tunes?

#4 ·
Stage 1 is basically for a stock car. They recommend a drop in high flow filter but you can still run stage 1 with stock air filter. In all honesty an intercooler should be the first Mod for these cars in my opinion and if you're going to get a IC I'd definitely run stage 2. I've ran all 3 stages on my 2020 HPP and thought they were decent but nothing like a pro tune specific to your car.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Definitely upgrade the intercooler if you ordered the COBB AP. I think that the intercooler and oil catch can should be your first performance mods that you get. These OTS maps are good to run for a while WITH THE CORRECT MODS until you can get a custom tune. Custom tunes are so much better than the COBB OTS maps because it's tailored to your car specifically. Get colder plugs before you get a custom tune. I'm in the process of having mine done now by Ryan @ PD Tuning. Trust me when I say this and I know that other guys can vouch for what I say. It makes a huge difference in the performance of the car. Plus you can feel your car getting dailed in with every revision. It's pretty damn cool. Get a BOV if you want that pssshhhh sound.

#35 ·
Hey guys,

I bought mine back in 2015 for my 2015 ecoboost ...i'm running stage 1 93 octane thats all the performance i need with that tune ... i added a intercooler and a roush CAI along with a DV+ diverter valve and everything goes out thru a resonator delete to stock exhaust oh i forgot the NGK 1 step colder plugs .. it runs great and i still get 26 in the city and 34 mpg on the highway .... enjoy your car !!! vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.