Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Cobb gauges showed me this.............

6K views 45 replies 10 participants last post by  Coyote Chaser 
#1 ·
I have est HP and est TORQ and boost pressure on my Cobb along with intake air temp. This was a quick rolling punch and go. I have stage two installed since I put my larger intercooler on.

See less See more
#2 ·
What are you asking? Not sure what you are looking for.

#6 ·
That is why I posted my picture on this thread.....! Maybe other members will respond on my numbers I'm getting on my 2020 ecoboost.
This is my first time using this type of tuner and it's impressing me so far! Now the car only has the drop in filter in stock box and larger Misihimoto intercooler in stock location. Thes numbers was taken on back road by brothers shop, slow roll and punch and got out of it at 80-90 mph. It was rolling along very good.
Back to track Fiday night coming! If it don't rain!
Can you tell me what gear your crossing the quarter in with your auto 10 speed?

#7 ·
I didn't know the AccessPort showed estimated HP & Torque. I'll have to check that out.

Reactions: 93coupe427
#9 ·
I would take the est readings with a pinch of Salt they are notoriously incorrect.

I would be interested to see what cylinders 1 and 4 corrections are doing.

#11 ·
Ignition Correction Cylinder 1 and 4 data log it.

#14 ·
Ignition Correction Cylinder 1 and 4 data log it.
Okay after looking I found what your asking for! Well my acess port wouldn't data log because I had to many gauges open for that!
All I can say is it showed 7.43 degrees on 1&4 on a punch and go! I guess I will have to show only two gauges and data log like that! I'm still learning this system...........

#15 ·
Gauges showing and data logged not the same thing. You can have up to 25 parameters data logged. You can dl and not show on the gauges, Go through your dl parameters and uncheck everything you're not using, That way you can dl your cylinders and not show on your gauges,

#17 ·
Gauges showing and data logged not the same thing. You can have up to 25 parameters data logged. You can dl and not show on the gauges, Go through your dl parameters and uncheck everything you're not using, That way you can dl your cylinders and not show on your gauges,
Okay!
I went to Cobb and learned what to do with the videos they put out! Will do that in morning!
Thanks!

#18 ·
Do a third gear WOT pull from 3k rpm through to 6rpm and post your DL.

#20 ·
You have a 10 speed AT sorry. 6 speed MT is third

Reactions: jackstang
#21 ·
On a chassis dyno they try to use the gear that will give as close to a 1 to 1 output as possible. On our cars I know 5th & 6th are overdriven gears so you would never use that. If you are doing datalogs on the street the tuner (or you) should not want to do a datalog pull in 4th. That would be a big ticket for sure... On a chassis dyno I bet they do the money runs in 4th.

#22 ·
To be honest a third gear pull here all the way to red line is instant loss of licence and car possible impounded and crushed under anti hooning laws. Oh and a huge fine just to finish it off in the thousands of dollars.

#23 ·
Exactly my point. And you can't do the pulls in 2nd or 1st because you wouldn't be at any particular RPM long enough to get good data. 3rd gear it is on the street...

#26 ·
This is me on Drag Week!

#27 ·
I would be concerned if you are consistently hitting over 25 pounds of boost for any long intervals on the stock engine. There has been much discussion on how much boost these engines will handle due to the deck design without eventually going ecoboom. Having blown a head gasket myself (cylinder 3), I can definitely tell you that I was consistently hitting 25 with spikes up to 28. Of course this was after my turbo died and I replaced it with the HP version without immediately retuning. There has also been a lot of debate on how good the stage 2 tune really is. Many people are happy with stage 1 and 3, but if you search the forum, there are a bunch of mixed reviews on stage 2. Before I went custom tune, I ran the stage 3 since I had all the required upgrades to support it.

#28 ·
@93coupe427 Coyote Chaser has a 6 speed manual trans, and you have the A10, so your probably going through the traps in different gears. Also, I agree with KewlWinter about the high boost and head gaskets. It seems like once you boost into the high 20s, it's only a matter of time until you blow the head gasket. You can upgrade to a better head gasket and head studs, to avoid this. What was your best ET, MPH, and 60ft, when you were stock?

#29 ·
@93coupe427 See my attached chart, for gear, speed, and RPM info. These numbers will be valid for you, if you have 3.15 rear gears, the 10R80, trans, and stock height wheels and tires. My tires are 235/50/18, but all stock wheel and tire combos are about the same height or diameter. Also, I put the tenth gear ratio in the eighth gear slot. Eighth gear is actually .85. I let my 10R80 auto shift at the dragstrip, because the paddle shifters suck at WOT. Using the paddles at WOT, there is a significant delay between hitting the paddle and the trans actually shifting. It's fine on part throttle shifts.
My trans auto shifts at 5700 rpm, which seems ideal, for a stock engine and turbo.

Attachments

#30 ·
Thanks!
Best time with car stock was 13.36 @ 102, with only a drop in filter bought from summit. This was traction control off, sport mode with shifter and 2,200 rpm hard on brakes. I let trans shift by itself, same rpm as yours. I have the 17" tires as my car is the base ecoboost at 3740 lbs with me in car and half tank fuel.

This is my first turbo car, learning the ropes on it!

#32 ·
Let us know how you did tonight. My best was a 13.23 at 105.6 mph and a 1.96 60 ft. I ran consistent 1.90s, in the 60ft, with my 235/50/18 tires set at 25 psi. I was launching at 1500-1700 rpm, as anything higher gave me too much tire spin. Those times were at 62° on a 341' elevation track. Good luck tonight.

#35 ·
A minus means it's pulling timing out, and a plus number is adding timing. IMHO you should data log that info along with rpm's that way you can watch and see where and when it's pulling or adding timing.

#43 ·
That amount of negative corrections is very minimal. These cars work right on the edge of Knock. 99.9% of the time I never see any negative corrections on my custom tune only positive esp at partial throttle and cruising. Only when I do something like blip the throttle a few times or accelerate, slow down and accelerate again in the same gear like when you get stuck behind that person who just shouldn't be on the road and can't drive for ****. But even then it like 0.04%or 0.22% is the lowest negative correction I've seen. I would be straight on to Ryan if I saw it constantly higher esp in the negative 5.00%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.