Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just dropped a Stage 1 Cobb Tune on my car, just looking for what metrics I should be looking out for. OAR is -1 already. Not sure what else to look for.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What mods do you have installed? Id start by looking at the knock count that should tell you if you are having any major issues.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Check for degrees of negative correction is not good. A small amount is fine.
Positive correction on partial throttle is good.

Remember knock count can be manipulate by engine noise, road noise, loose components esp exhaust or dud microphones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What mods do you have installed? Id start by looking at the knock count that should tell you if you are having any major issues.
I just have a Roush Catback installed

Remember knock count can be manipulate by engine noise, road noise, loose components esp exhaust or dud microphones.
Knock count I saw it was on 0/4 yesterday. What does the right hand side (The /4) of the knock counter reflect?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Also checked my datalog. There is Positive correction on partial throttle.
Little to none after >50% throttle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've also made sure I am not getting the readings from this thread by Adam: "EcoBoom" info from Adam - via Facebook

My LS FP sensor is fine. I've never changed it and had my car was serviced 3 times by Ford. 2017 Ecoboost, in South Africa there's only one model, 2 transmissions.

Seems the car is running just fine and the ECU is still making small positive corrections on timings.

If there are any further metrics I should look out for, please let me know

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think your good to go, my only recommendations would be a high flow air filter and a catch can if you plan to keep the car past 100k miles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Any recommendations on w specific catch can, apologies I'm very new to this
This is what I am using:

A lot of people use this one too:

There isn't a lot to them a cheap one should be as good as an expensive one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is what I am using:

A lot of people use this one too:

There isn't a lot to them a cheap one should be as good as an expensive one.
Thanks so much brother/sister

·
Registered
568 Posts
Also checked my datalog. There is Positive correction on partial throttle.
Little to none after >50% throttle
What about negative corrections on WOT?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Positive corrections at WOT are fine.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
189 Posts
Quick one for thought.

Say you've flashed the ECU with a Cobb OTS tune & your LSFP sensor ****s the bed, leading to the dreaded ecoboom. Now the sensor is just a sensor, right? Therefore, if the sensor is verified as being the culprit, one could argue that the canned tune had nothing to do with the catastrophic failure. The AP doesn't alter how any specific "sensor" functions, it only alters what the ECU decides to do with that input signal, correct? I paid for an extended warranty, so......

·
Registered
568 Posts
The dealership has to prove or should have to prove that the modification was the course. However the small print says they reserve the right to refuse a warranty claim at any time or something along that line.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The dealership has to prove or should have to prove that the modification was the course. However the small print says they reserve the right to refuse a warranty claim at any time or something along that line.
The proof that Ford has to present is simply, "we looked at this and determined that your modification is the proximate cause." The burden of going forward at that point falls on you. Ford doesn't have to do anything more until you initiate a lawsuit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
568 Posts
The proof that Ford has to present is simply, "we looked at this and determined that your modification is the proximate cause." The burden of going forward at that point falls on you. Ford doesn't have to do anything more until you initiate a lawsuit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeap. Component failure is likely coursed by operating outside of factory OEM limits. Or words to that effect.

However if there was say a faulty power seat that wasn't heating or cooling or had cracked leather, paint defect or suspension that had prematurely failed it is unlike the claim will be denied because the car been tuned and remapped

Reactions: Jimc12

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quick one for thought.

Say you've flashed the ECU with a Cobb OTS tune & your LSFP sensor ****s the bed, leading to the dreaded ecoboom. Now the sensor is just a sensor, right? Therefore, if the sensor is verified as being the culprit, one could argue that the canned tune had nothing to do with the catastrophic failure. The AP doesn't alter how any specific "sensor" functions, it only alters what the ECU decides to do with that input signal, correct? I paid for an extended warranty, so......
Your best bet if you want to keep the warranty would be to flash back to stock and go with the Roush or Ford Performance tunes those are the only two I know of that preserve the warranty. They have the same power as Cobb Stage 1 but once you get an intercooler etc your better off with Stage 2. I’d just enjoy it, do proper maintenance etc and odds are you will be fine.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
189 Posts
Spent about 5 hours outside yesterday, under my carport, swapping back IN a bunch of aftermarket stuff (IC, charge pipes, Airaid, DV+, trans mount & jacking rails). All this after I reverted to mostly stock about 2 weeks ago with intentions on looking for a 5.0.
What spurred the change of heart and settling on keeping the Eco was finding a sweet black friday deal on an AP. Plus it was looking like nobody really wanted to buy my used parts.
Sure, loading a tune will likely kill the powertrain portion of my extended warranty, but most everything else (AC comes to mind) is still covered.
If the engine goes pop, I'll move towards a built 2.0 long block with a downpipe, TS wastegate and a protune. Maybe a loaded 3.55 diff.:unsure: The expense could be pretty substantial in the worst case scenario, but for whatever reason I feel a special connection with this car.
Here in Phx we pretty much are limited to 91, so for the short term, I'll try out stage 1 ots with some Royal Purple Max Boost for some insurance. If the fuel sampling readings look good, I'll move to stage 2.

Reactions: Nater Potater
1 - 20 of 28 Posts