Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 a10 2.3L, airaid intake tube, k and n air filter, Muffler delete, cobb stage 1
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(2020 ecoboost a10)Hey guys, I recently installed a k and n air filter for my air box and got the airaid intake tube, and I’m about to get a cvf street intercooler for my car. Currently running Cobb stage 1 and on cobbs website they say to run Cobb stage 2 u need their Cobb cai and street intercooler from them.

That being said, I’m going to have a “cai”(stock air box is usually best setup for our cars) and I’m getting a intercooler which seems about the same as the Cobb intercooler. Would I be able to install the 93 stage 2 onto my car or would I run into issues?

link to intercooler I’m buying:CVF Street Intercooler (2015-2021 Ford Mustang EcoBoost)

·
Registered
50 Posts
You're OK with stage 2. Get a pro tune and you'll really wake that engine up, after the intercooler change,

Reactions: AnOunceOfPerception

·
Registered
2020 a10 2.3L, airaid intake tube, k and n air filter, Muffler delete, cobb stage 1
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're OK with stage 2. Get a pro tune and you'll really wake that engine up, after the intercooler change,
I was planning on waiting a little to get a pro tune because After my intercooler I’m going to switch my Downpipe, and I know a tune will get a lot from a good downpipe so I’ll definitely get it soon, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you get a lifetime tune, then any time you change something they can update your tune.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you get a lifetime tune, then any time you change something they can update your tune.
Ah I forgot most companies offer that, on that note tho. I’m between Pdtuning and tune+ I hear really good things about both companies and I’m not sure who to go with, any recommendations or first hand experience with either of them?

·
Registered
50 Posts
As you can see by my tagline, I've used Ryan at PD tuning. Easy to work with, when I asked about some mods I wanted to do, he would advise against it and tell me the reason why. I got the lifetime, so if there are any future mods the tune will be taken care of.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you can see by my tagline, I've used Ryan at PD tuning. Easy to work with, when I asked about some mods I wanted to do, he would advise against it and tell me the reason why. I got the lifetime, so if there are any future mods the tune will be taken care of.
Alright sounds good, mind if I could get his email?

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m running Cobb 3 tune on my ‘19 eco boost PP. I have a CVF street intercooler and CVF hi-flow catted down pipe. The tuner came with a hi-flo panel filter. Cobb rep said it’s ok to not have the CAI or cat back bc the tune is for intercooler and down pipe only. I’ve been running that setup for over 10k with no issues.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m running Cobb 3 tune on my ‘19 eco boost PP. I have a CVF street intercooler and CVF hi-flow catted down pipe. The tuner came with a hi-flo panel filter. Cobb rep said it’s ok to not have the CAI or cat back bc the tune is for intercooler and down pipe only. I’ve been running that setup for over 10k with no issues.
this helped alot, ill probably run stage 2 for a while when i get my intercooler then switch to a protune. Thanks bro

·
Registered
22 Posts
this helped alot, ill probably run stage 2 for a while when i get my intercooler then switch to a protune. Thanks bro
Stage 2 is great, 3 is just a little better above 5,500rpm. I also put in a CVF y pipe but not sure if I gained anything. The eco boost should’ve came from the factory at Cobb stage 2 level IMO.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Stage 2 is great, 3 is just a little better above 5,500rpm. I also put in a CVF y pipe but not sure if I gained anything. The eco boost should’ve came from the factory at Cobb stage 2 level IMO.
Can I ask what parts you had running with stage 2? Because I’ve heard mixed things about people who run it without Cobb parts, some say it’s way better than stage 1 and some say it’s even worse

Edit: just remembered u told me in ur previous reply nvm lmao

·
Registered
385 Posts
I started with Cobb stage 1, with just a high flow drop-in filter and the Airaid modular intake tube, and I went to stage 2 after installing a Mishimoto intercooler. Runs well, no problems at all. Planning to install a cp-e catted downpipe real soon, and I'll probably run stage 3 for just a little, and then pro-tuned shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I started with Cobb stage 1, with just a high flow drop-in filter and the Airaid modular intake tube, and I went to stage 2 after installing a Mishimoto intercooler. Runs well, no problems at all. Planning to install a cp-e catted downpipe real soon, and I'll probably run stage 3 for just a little, and then pro-tuned shortly thereafter.
alright dope that's the setup I have rn, also I would consider looking at the cvf catted downpipe if I was you, 2 times cheaper than CPE and they seem to be relatively the same? not completely sure tho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can I ask what parts you had running with stage 2? Because I’ve heard mixed things about people who run it without Cobb parts, some say it’s way better than stage 1 and some say it’s even worse

Edit: just remembered u told me in ur previous reply nvm lmao
For stage two, I used the filter from stage one and the CVF street intercooler. Awesome results. To go to stage 3, I added the CVF catted down pipe. Just because I like CVF, I added a resonator delete (y pipe). Everything from them is US made and high quality.

·
Registered
385 Posts
alright dope that's the setup I have rn, also I would consider looking at the cvf catted downpipe if I was you, 2 times cheaper than CPE and they seem to be relatively the same? not completely sure tho.
I was lucky enough last year to snag a brand new cp-e catted downpipe for less than the cvf price for the same. Seller was on here and, unfortunately for him, threw a rod before he could install it... I'll get around to installing it soon, hopefully! Seems like a very nicely made part, but no idea how it compares with cvf. I have cvf charge pipes and they seem decent.

·
Registered
703 Posts
My modifications are mismatched. But I am "assuming" that a Pro Tuner can make the adjustments to overcome the problems I've created. In short...what money I have saved on DIY/eBay mods, I will more than likely spend on tuning.
However! If you're going to use an OTS tune from an aftermarket company, then I would stay as close to their products as you can. Compare more than pictures, compare the spec sheets, etc. On an intercooler, thermal mass is important, compare weight and type of material plus design and construction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts