Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here.

Anyone have times for EB Cobb Stage 3? 0-60, 1/4 mile or HP/TQ numbers on a dyno?

I haven’t been able to go to the track yet or find a dyno anywhere close.

2020 10 Speed Auto —— Cobb Stage 3 (AP v.3, Mishimoto Intercoolor, Mishimoto Catted Downpipe, Borla Atak Axleback Exhaust, K&N Airfilter, AidRaid CAI)

Anyone ideas on the next mod? Something that will add the most power or make quicker without upgrading the turbo yet?

·
Registered
2020 ecoboost base coupe,auto
88 Posts
I have Cobb stage one 93 octane and drop in filter in stock box and went 13.24 at 104.72 mph in my ecoboost at Baton Rouge Race Way 4/3/2021. It was 60° with a slight breeze from the north.

Now, I have just put my Mishimoto intercooler and did stage two 93 octane this weekend. Friday night coming I will see results if any with upgrades to my ecoboost. Also put the JLT 3.0 catch can on yesterday, took 35 minutes start to finish on it.
If I'm not happy with whats in car after Friday I will go with a custom tune for my ecoboost.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have Cobb stage one 93 octane and drop in filter in stock box and went 13.24 at 104.72 mph in my ecoboost at Baton Rouge Race Way 4/3/2021. It was 60° with a slight breeze from the north.
View attachment 39606

Now, I have just put my Mishimoto intercooler and did stage two 93 octane this weekend. Friday night coming I will see results if any with upgrades to my ecoboost. Also put the JLT 3.0 catch can on yesterday, took 35 minutes start to finish on it.
If I'm not happy with whats in car after Friday I will go with a custom tune for my ecoboost.
Looks like your on your way to the 12s!
I forget...which rear end gear are you using and what size wheel and tire??
I have the 3.15 gear and run 275/40 Mickey Thompson's on 17" wheels...

Gives me about 26" of height, not enough to fill up the wheel well. Don't like the look, but with 3.15 gears and my 2nd gear launch, it seems to help (or at least on paper)!

·
Registered
2020 ecoboost base coupe,auto
88 Posts
I'm using factory tires 17" rims, and have 3.15 gears in rear! Perfect gears for our turbo cars!
Late yesterday I went test my ecoboost and it actually spun tires big time from the go! Dang! I was very impress with it! Lol! Car has a much harder pull in mid-range and top end! I saw 25lbs of boost also from stage 2 tune!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that normal? This is my first ever turbo car and loving it! Progressive power! I'm more use to a supercharger instant boost!
Now I do belive my tires are 27" tall, but don't spin so far at the track I run it at. They do prep track very well.
Now, do you shift car or let trans shift itself?
Whats the reason for not using first gear to launch car?
At what rpm does it shift at? My car shifts between 5,800 and 6,000 rpm. I need to see what gear trans is in when I cross the quarter.
I see your going to Alanta next! Good luck!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the 3.15 gear and run 275/40 Mickey Thompson's on 17" wheels... View attachment 39607
Gives me about 26" of height, not enough to fill up the wheel well. Don't like the look, but with 3.15 gears and my 2nd gear launch, it seems to help (or at least on paper)!
I have the 3.15 gear and run 275/40 Mickey Thompson's on 17" wheels... View attachment 39607
Why are you launching in second gear?
Especially with the Mickey Thompson's, you should be able to get great traction in first. I have a 2018 with 3.15 gears and the 10 speed automatic, with a 4.70 first gear, and run consistent 1.90s in the 60ft, on the stock all season 235/50/18 tires. It'll spin the tires if I want it to, but with a little practice I've been able launch well consistently. Of course your manual trans will take more practice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts