Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cobb Stage 3 vs. etune —

From what I’ve been reading the etune is the way to go.

In terms of HP/TQ gains and 1/4 times how much more are the gains? Anyone seen anything noticeable? Who has the best etune for an EB A10?

Does anyone have an idea what my current HP/TQ and 1/4 time should be once upgraded to Mickey Thompson’s and assuming someone is a decent driver?

Current Mods: K&N Airfilter, Airraid CAI, Mishimoto Intercooler, Mishimoto Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Intercooler Charge Pipe Kit, Borla Axle Back Exhaust, Cobb AP v3

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
909 Posts
You can't really go wrong with a custom tune. As long as your not pushing it to its absolute limits even keeping it relatively conservative will give you plenty of smiles.

The best is open to interpretation

Gains depend on modifications and don't be fooled by the 100bhp peak gain quotes or the est BHP or torque figures on the APs

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm still running the stage 3 / 93 octane OTS tune and have similar mods on my car as you do on yours. My personal best in the 1/4 mile has been an ET of 12.61 at 112 mph.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that wasn’t with stock tires was it? Do you know your dyno numbers? Mine is 329 rwhp and 399 TQ. I thought my TQ was a tiny bit low. It was around 76 degrees that day but the guy running the dyno actually couldn’t figure out how to disable all the traction systems and etc. so the car was probably running a little more warm than if he would’ve figured it out from the get go. lol. He used some tiny fan much smaller than the ones I’ve seen in videos on YouTube. I doubt it would have made much difference if at all.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
909 Posts
Strange he "doesn't no how" At the very least I would have had a quick look up on google. It's a very popular car and well documented.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow, that wasn’t with stock tires was it? Do you know your dyno numbers? Mine is 329 rwhp and 399 TQ. I thought my TQ was a tiny bit low. It was around 76 degrees that day but the guy running the dyno actually couldn’t figure out how to disable all the traction systems and etc. so the car was probably running a little more warm than if he would’ve figured it out from the get go. lol. He used some tiny fan much smaller than the ones I’ve seen in videos on YouTube. I doubt it would have made much difference if at all.
I run Mickey Thompson's all the way around. I've never had it on a dyno, but 329/399 sounds pretty good!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts