Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have full bolt ins and ford perf tune for a good long while.

Iinstalled Cobb earlier and stage3 91 octane tune. And. Drove around 20 mins my fuel is -1.0 but my car feels super weak, but pathetic.
Does it have to learn like ford tune? It took a tank of gas to learn the tune and awaken.

does Cobb tunes act same way? Or is what it’s doing now all I get?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

Iinstalled Cobb earlier and stage3 91 octane tune. And. Drove around 20 mins my fuel is -1.0 but my car feels super weak, but pathetic.
Does it have to learn like ford tune? It took a tank of gas to learn the tune and awaken.

If the OAR is at -1 then you have good fuel in the car. If you can... Fill the car with 93 and run the 93 tune and see if there is any difference. I noticed the COBB tune didn't feel as punchy as the BAMA tunes. Ford probably tuned the throttle response a bit more aggressive then the COBB tunes.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

It can take a few drive cycles for the car to adjust to the new tune...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Notta. My tune has something wrong

called Cobb they think flashing from ford pf to Cobb has some issue. I can’t go over 15psi sustained hit 19 once I put those tq and hp graphs on

my car is making 270tq 240hp

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I uninstall the Cobb and my cars hitting 20-22 psi again. (Assuming it’s back to ford tune)

what do I do? I do not own the stock file of my car

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I uninstall the Cobb and my cars hitting 20-22 psi again. (Assuming it’s back to ford tune)

what do I do? I do not own the stock file of my car
On the stage 3 93 map I was able to kit peak boost of 23 at times. Try running the 91 gas out and putting 93 pump in with the COBB 93 stage 3 map. You may find that a pro tune is the way to go. PDTUNING is $300 for lifetime tunes.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Notta. My tune has something wrong

called Cobb they think flashing from ford pf to Cobb has some issue. I can’t go over 15psi sustained hit 19 once I put those tq and hp graphs on

my car is making 270tq 240hp
If you have the procal device maybe see if you can flash the stock tune from it. You'll have to unmarry the COBB tuner. Worst case scenario you'll have to visit the dealer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They asked me to install once again, and if doesn’t fix it

do couple data logs of a pull.

worst case scenarios

runfp tune w catted down pipe using o2 spacer

or paying dealership to flash stock tune back, claim the ford tune is causing issues lol idk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re installed and did everything still suck w **** tune

Cobb had me data log. Curious what they find. I am uninstalling back to ford tune now

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
What do you mean you don't own the stock tune? If you paid someone to install it they should have given it to you on a memory stick. If you did it yourself or your laptop was used by someone else its on the hard drive.

If someone did it for you and didn't give you the stock tune file i would ho back to them and see if they can retrieve it off their hard drive.

Dave

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Dude...

I am very curious as to your endeavors as I have the FP tune also, and am ONLY willing to "move up" to the Cobb AP, if at all.

The stock file should be in a folder where the ProCal software is installed.

That being said, I have NEVER tried to revert back to stock, and hope that I would never have to. I think you might be the first person that has complained about the Cobb canned tunes, as the consensus that I've read on these forums is that Cobb Stage 2 > FP tune. But again, that's just what I've inferred from my reading.

So I'm curious as to what the end game for you is. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The MacBook I used is gone
Lol Apple took it away and gave me a new laptop

no backup it was on spot trade as it was broken entire keyboard couldn’t work

listed for sale

350 shipped

·
Registered
267 Posts
This was my worry from you going from the FP tune to Cobb.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep
I sent data logs anyway to Cobb for kicks

but I read people successfully going from fp to Cobb so it’s weird

I reset my key count for my car over this zzz... do you think Cobb put everything back fine to the fp files when uninstalled?
I’m hoping other than key count it’s back to its full file

it’s working great though. Runs like champ once I restored to the file it backed up so I assume it put everything back successfully
Fingers crossed I don’t need my key counts for warranty work before another year of key counts get added lol

I can swap exhaust and go in but the key count is 0 as of now but I will build them up

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I paid 315 on eBay it’s mint, but tax came to 338 guys.

I will accept 338 and I will ship. I will only be out shipping. If anyone’s wanting this. Snag it

it’s my birthday tomorrow and I kinda want the money back for credit cards

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
This was my worry from you going from the FP tune to Cobb.
Could you elaborate on this? Why is that a worry? Again, by MOST accounts that I've read, people usually rave about the Cobb Stage 2 and 3. Do you think it would be different if he was going from stock to Cobb?

Let me rephrase. Obviously, going from stock to Cobb, is a big difference. What I'm trying to get at, is: is he losing out on what the Cobb AP can do for him, because he's loading it after an FP tune and not stock? Or is just merely hard to tell the difference between Cobb stage 2/3 and FP tune?? Would he get different results from the Cobb canned tunes, if he was going from stock? I would think not, but Im not sure how to otherwise read this thread.

I hope that makes sense.

I ask because I've always had it in the back of my mind, that I needed to "upgrade" to the Cobb AP at some point. But now, I am definitely thinking twice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Something is in ecu from ford perf that is blocking and not letting cob tune do its thing

I’m making at 15-16psi

the hp and tq estimator on Cobb was like 250 hp and same with tq

if I was stock tune. Would of been a monster

but I’m not paying a dealer to flash to stock and go throufh all that

I’m honestly happy w ford tune, ordered o2 spacer and rock it. Seems to be fine with air fuel mixture and all that with catted downpipe

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Something is in ecu from ford perf that is blocking and not letting cob tune do its thing

I’m making at 15-16psi

the hp and tq estimator on Cobb was like 250 hp and same with tq

if I was stock tune. Would of been a monster

but I’m not paying a dealer to flash to stock and go throufh all that

I’m honestly happy w ford tune, ordered o2 spacer and rock it. Seems to be fine with air fuel mixture and all that with catted downpipe
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a "tune" supposed to re-write everything that is in the PCM?

You have definitely given me some pause.

I can say that I've also have been pretty satisfied with the FP tune, and if you have success with a new downpipe with it, I may just stick to adding that WITHOUT the Cobb custom tune, for now.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts