Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

Registered
how are you data logging a ford performance tune???
I have a wireless obd2 thing. what app can I use to data log my ford tune?

Sorry. I constantly say "ODB" instead of "OBD" because of this guy. 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Decided going to rock FP tune. My buddy at ford said it will be easier to have you covered under warranty if engine pops before 60k

he said we can toss old downpipe back on, and such. And go from there. So got to build my key counts back up.
Honestly my car runs just fine on the downpipe.

every once in awhile on highway I see the afr (I鈥檓 watching now) it says 13.9 to 14.1 99% of time

but every once in awhile it will bounce from like 13 to 14.5 a couple times like 3-4 seconds

then stabilizes back at 14

but thing is, I Never once watched afr guage before. So even on stock or ford tune it may do that bounce thing here and there. Just assuming probably not

butdoesn鈥檛 really seem to be a big deal.

I ordered o2 spacer 30 bucks eBay. Vibrant 11619. That should clear code and after that, I will be the guineapig for longevity on ford tune

when I wot, it does same as it always does, drops down to the 12 and a little below it. I think with the fact ford tune runs super rich, that even with the extra air flow I will be fine

honestly. I trust the ford tune in general over all the aftermarket tunes. Yeah now I have a downpipe but it may still be able to compensate just fine. Driving etc staysright at14. Has a slight bump like 13.9 to 14.1 kinda bounce constant but it did do that before Downpipe.

I watched it for a day or two on cruising and wot to get a comparison to after down pipe.

That torque hits hard and it鈥檚 loud and I love it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
I don鈥檛 want to risk flashing, then pro tuning, then finding out my car has same issue of not going over 15 boost again. Too much risk, and I do have my ford high school friend who can help me with warranty, but only under the ecu file of ford as engine tune

So question.
When I installed Cobb, it saved ford tune, when I uninstalled it put everything bsck

do you guys think I should do a full ford reflash Using dongle etc?I would hate to find out it says 鈥淐obb back up鈥 as my ecu name when they use ids lmao in engine blew

Registered
Discussion Starter #46
View attachment 37069

Sorry. I constantly say "ODB" instead of "OBD" because of this guy. 馃槀
View attachment 37070

what device do you use to hook up to OBD fusion? I鈥檓 interested in data logging my ford perf tune with downpipe. May pay a tuner to look over the logs to see if it鈥檚 safe enough to not worry about.

I like the form factor of the Mx model myself. But if blue is way better I would buy that
I use iPhone for my device

Registered
Discussion Starter #48
Buying it

think that and the apps I can do data logs sufficient enough to gauge how my cars playing tune and down pipe? As safety measure

since I can鈥檛 use Cobb to log

ordered will be here tomorrow

Registered
So got to build my key counts back up.
I have seen you mention key counts several times.

The start cycle counter resets everytime you clear codes, disconnect the battery or flash the ECU.

If you are worried about warranty and ECU flashing it is the flash counter that Ford will look at to determine if the car has been flashed not the start cycles. If that number does not agree with what is in the Ford database for your car then they know unauthorized changes have been made.

FWIW, when i bring my car in for its annual safety/emissions inspection the print out i get lists the number of miles driven since the last time the ECU was flashed and how many start cycles since the last time the ECU was rest.

Dave

Registered
Buying it

think that and the apps I can do data logs sufficient enough to gauge how my cars playing tune and down pipe? As safety measure

since I can鈥檛 use Cobb to log

ordered will be here tomorrow
I have the wired version and wireless version. The wired version allows you to use forscan with the car.

Registered
The wired version allows you to use forscan with the car.
I can use Forscan for iOS with the OBDLink MX, I just like the options and dashboard better in OBDFusion. ln fact, I WAS using Forscan for a while, until I switched over to OBDFusion.

Registered
But just so you know....with OBDFusion...you have to spend an extra $20 or something, to get the Ford-Lincoln-Mercury PID's. So proceed at your own discretion. Don't wanna send you down a road and then you find out that its more money.

Registered
But just so you know....with OBDFusion...you have to spend an extra $20 or something, to get the Ford-Lincoln-Mercury PID's. So proceed at your own discretion. Don't wanna send you down a road and then you find out that its more money.
I've got forscan so I can change Ford specific car settings like enabling linelock... Unless obd fusion has the same functionality.

Registered
I've got forscan so I can change Ford specific car settings like enabling linelock... Unless obd fusion has the same functionality.
Heck no. That is definitely a forscan only thing. You have to update the ABS module and everything.

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
I did the forescan line lock thing already. I have a dedicated laptop and Dongle for forescan haD to buy it since my macOS doesn鈥檛 support forescan

no biggie got an open box laptop 75 bucks at Best Buy

normally 229 lol

Registered
FWIW, i have a cheap Amazon OBD Bluetooth adapter. It works well with Torque Pro and even lets me access some of the cars modules through the full version of ForScan on my laptop. If i am looking to make any As-Built mods i use the hard wired to my laptop adapter.

Not sure about other phone apps but Torque Pro has a PID editor that allows you to create PID to monitor anything that is on the CAN bus. There is also a plugin for Torque Pro that allows you to display monitored parameters on your Sync3 screen via Android Auto. I play with it on occasion but don't feel the need to be seeing anything more than what is available on the dash.

Dave

Registered
FWIW, i have a cheap Amazon OBD Bluetooth adapter. It works well with Torque Pro and even lets me access some of the cars modules through the full version of ForScan on my laptop. If i am looking to make any As-Built mods i use the hard wired to my laptop adapter.

Not sure about other phone apps but Torque Pro has a PID editor that allows you to create PID to monitor anything that is on the CAN bus. There is also a plugin for Torque Pro that allows you to display monitored parameters on your Sync3 screen via Android Auto. I play with it on occasion but don't feel the need to be seeing anything more than what is available on the dash.

Dave
I've got the same setup on my Honda CR-Z. I'd do the same in the Mustang but I've always got my tuner plugged in being used as a gauge screen.

Registered
Can the obdlink snd fusion record the exact same data log? Or missing anything important
The "OBDLink MX" doesn't "record" anything. Its merely an I/O device that will plug into the port and send the data to the app. The app, whether you use Forscan, Torque Pro, OBDFusion or anything else, is what records the data.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts