Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
FWIW, i have a cheap Amazon OBD Bluetooth adapter. It works well with Torque Pro and even lets me access some of the cars modules through the full version of ForScan on my laptop. If i am looking to make any As-Built mods i use the hard wired to my laptop adapter.

Not sure about other phone apps but Torque Pro has a PID editor that allows you to create PID to monitor anything that is on the CAN bus. There is also a plugin for Torque Pro that allows you to display monitored parameters on your Sync3 screen via Android Auto. I play with it on occasion but don't feel the need to be seeing anything more than what is available on the dash.

Dave
Is there a way to do this for iPhone? If I use OBD link wireless to my iPhone and phones in carplay can I make dashes with info? Any app to do it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the OAR is at -1 then you have good fuel in the car. If you can... Fill the car with 93 and run the 93 tune and see if there is any difference. I noticed the COBB tune didn't feel as punchy as the BAMA tunes. Ford probably tuned the throttle response a bit more aggressive then the COBB tunes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the stage 3 93 map I was able to kit peak boost of 23 at times. Try running the 91 gas out and putting 93 pump in with the COBB 93 stage 3 map. You may find that a pro tune is the way to go. PDTUNING is $300 for lifetime tunes.
I went from FP to Cobb and had different issues. Went to Ryan at PD-Tuning. You won’t be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I went from FP to Cobb and had different issues. Went to Ryan at PD-Tuning. You won’t be disappointed.
You installed the Cobb AP on top of the FP tune also? Meaning, you didn't flash back to stock first? You had different issues than the OP?? Please elaborate 🙏

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Cobb read my data logs. Said “you have a boost leak from our data” I then told him fp before and after hits 20-22psi instantly and drives like a scolded dog. He said there’s most likely files from fp flash that need taken to stock. If I had boost leak I should have both tunes lacking boost
The dealer said to flash my tune I need both keys, it resets the pcm etc.

More I read more I feel better about cat downpipe on ford tune. It runs excellent, and down pipes have zero impact on afr

they state only issue is possible over boosting ifwaste hate isn’t working properly

Cobb state’s same thing, they said the tune from stage 2 to 3 was to change wastehate duty cycles for a bit more optimalpower. But he said people have run stage 2 on downpipes no issue

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
This, is why I’m selling Cobb today. Because I’d hate to spend 100 and another 300 on protune to tell me they think I have boost leak when my tune currently runs awesome.

I like ford tune though. 20-22 psi is fine for me, doesn’t push the block and I get ridiculous mpg

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I’m gonna do data logging just to be safe it arrives today. Let me know what pid’s I should enable when I data log or somethings to Check

I will do the logs for you guys wondering how fp plays w downpioe

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Is there a way to do this for iPhone? If I use OBD link wireless to my iPhone and phones in carplay can I make dashes with info? Any app to do it?
I have not heard of anyone doing this with an iPhone. Quite sure it would require the phone to be jail broken if some one did.

Dave

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
No big deal

I’m just curious to see if that Mx+ can tell me OAR.I use cheap gas, sams club and Costco.

Costco is in tank now and showed -1.00 oar but sams club isn’t top tier.But the same tanker fills sams as bp so I’m curious to know how that quality is

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yeah not jailbreaking it. Oh well. I read a post where you said the fusion wasn’t reading the Ford perf tune. You used forescan or something else

does it work now?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
@FreedomPenguin

Forscan for iOS is free so you can always give that a try first to see if it meets your needs. TorquePro is Google Play store only (Android). I actually like TorquePro and bought a used, small Samsung Galaxy tablet on eBay for $60 to give it a try. But I found the tablet too cumbersome to mount in the front (I'm strictly an iphone guy). You can absolutely monitor OAR on any of these. Here is my dashboard from OBDFusion. And the answer to your last question is 'yes', you can also create and edit your own PIDs with OBDFusion....but I have not tried.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Yeah not jailbreaking it. Oh well. I read a post where you said the fusion wasn’t reading the Ford perf tune. You used forescan or something else

does it work now?
Hmmmm. Was that an old post when I first got it? I think the culprit was a cheap OBD dongle that I got for $20. Yes. It works fine datalogging and dashboarding the FP tune.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I will tell you this. Since I’ve had my downpipe I get 1-3 more mpg on highway. I used to get 32-35 now I get 35-37

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
So all said and done, I’ve been driving it. Feels like what it did, it has more torque, no codes other than the cat defincy code.
Once I rate lot and confirm it’s safety I have zero regrets with my decision.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
So all said and done, I’ve been driving it. Feels like what it did, it has more torque, no codes other than the cat defincy code.
Once I rate lot and confirm it’s safety I have zero regrets with my decision.
Can you remind me which catted DP you went with? Do you know how many cell counts? Do you know if its core is metal or ceramic "spun"?

FWIW, I don't think you're going to have a problem with AFR. That measurement is taken before the cat. I think the only thing with a new downpipe and no custom tune for it, is increased torque, and increased peak boost, due to the lessened back pressure. The worst you'll probably ever experience (and probably not even this) is an overboost CEL that you could probably clear out and be on your merry way.

61 - 80 of 116 Posts