Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Installed the cobb stage 1 to the car and soon as I throw 3rd gear and at around 4500-5500 rpm car starts breaking up. I have only done downpipe and 3in full exhaust with flowmaster super 10 in the center. Car doesn't have an intake I Dont know if it has anything else.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
COBB stage 1 requires you to have at least a drop in filter. Do you have a drop in filter?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
282 Posts
COBB stage 1 requires you to have at least a drop in filter. Do you have a drop in filter?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
He can get away with the stage 1 on a completely stock car if he wanted too. A air filter wouldn't cause what he is describing unless its completely clogged. Id look toward the plugs, are you still on stock spark plugs? If so you should get the one step colder plugs from tune+ make sure you're gapped to his spec. Also have you swapped out the low side fuel pressure sensor for the newer design. One symptom of them starting to go is cutting fuel at higher rpms.

Now all that being said, you should get a aftermarket drop in filter and then look to a intercooler if you want to be tuned. Your car can run the stage one stock, but you're gonna suffer from heat soak bad.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He can get away with the stage 1 on a completely stock car if he wanted too. A air filter wouldn't cause what he is describing unless its completely clogged. Id look toward the plugs, are you still on stock spark plugs? If so you should get the one step colder plugs from tune+ make sure you're gapped to his spec. Also have you swapped out the low side fuel pressure sensor for the newer design. One symptom of them starting to go is cutting fuel at higher rpms.

Now all that being said, you should get a aftermarket drop in filter and then look to a intercooler if you want to be tuned. Your car can run the stage one stock, but you're gonna suffer from heat soak bad.
Well I just ordered my spark plugs and coils.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the vapor hose unless you're throwing the code for it. I also wouldn't worry about the coils unless you're seeing some issues after the plugs get swapped.

When you said your car is "breaking up" I was picturing this though...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't worry about the vapor hose unless you're throwing the code for it. I also wouldn't worry about the coils unless you're seeing some issues after the plugs get swapped.

When you said your car is "breaking up" I was picturing this though...

View attachment 36425
Lol na just sputtering, I already ordered coils and sine I'm doing oil change and spark plugs just knock it all out.

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
So Installed the cobb stage 1 to the car and soon as I throw 3rd gear and at around 4500-5500 rpm car starts breaking up. I have only done downpipe and 3in full exhaust with flowmaster super 10 in the center. Car doesn't have an intake I Dont know if it has anything else. View attachment 36423
replace and gap your spark plugs correctly! And I would replace your low pressure fuel sensor.
Part number for the fuel sensor is BU5Z-9F972-B

the fuel sensor probably won’t fix the issue you are describing because I had the same issue and my low pressure fuel sensor wasn’t working at all but I replaced it because it can cause great harm if it’s not working correctly.What fixed my issue were new spark plugs that I gapped to .028

hope this helps!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
replace and gap your spark plugs correctly! And I would replace your low pressure fuel sensor.

the fuel sensor probably won’t fix the issue you are describing because I had the same issue and my low pressure fuel sensor wasn’t working at all but I replaced it because it can cause great harm if it’s not working correctly.What fixed my issue were new spark plugs that I gapped to .028

hope this helps!
Well ordered the plugs from tune+ so comes pregapped also ordered the coils, I got the low pressure fuel sensor as well and the evap also cause got a code from it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

hope this helps!
P1450

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just got my car back from dealer service and my sensor was replaced for bad signal after my lost-boost event described in another thread. I'm guessing I may have had a serious detonation that sent the system to limp mode. No proof, just a theory. Funny thing is I had already replaced the original with the -B version. Another data point in the Great Fuel Sensor Debate as to whether there is a difference between the two different versions

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got my car back from dealer service and my sensor was replaced for bad signal after my lost-boost event described in another thread. I'm guessing I may have had a serious detonation that sent the system to limp mode. No proof, just a theory. Funny thing is I had already replaced the original with the -B version. Another data point in the Great Fuel Sensor Debate as to whether there is a difference between the two different versions
How the car running now

1 - 20 of 25 Posts