Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I'm sorry to say that I have not purchased the Cobb Intercooler yet. I am adding the Steeda subframe alignment kit and Rear Subframe Braces next week and the Intercooler at the end of September. My Avatar is a photo of me with Gun #5 - "Bad News" Whiskey Battery, 1st Battalion, 11th Marines - 1st Marine Division. We were at Khe Sanh in April - July 1968.
Semper Fi, Devil Dog! I had a couple friends that were part of the Howitzer battery in 3/11 (I think) when I was at MOS school in 29 Palms. Always remember the dirty looks I got when I showed up at their barracks when Fridays were Service Charlie uniform only at schools, and of course, they were all in woodland cammies still! :LOL: Further to that, Vietnam vets have my UTMOST respect. Thank you and all your brothers for the sacrifices you made. #NeverForget

Feel free to hit me up at ANY TIME with ANY QUESTIONS. I also put in the alignment kit and subframe braces from Steeda. Have you considered adding in springs since your already dropping the rear subframe a bit? Dropping the subframe is, by far, the biggest pain in the @$$ out of any of the mods you can do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ready to pull the trigger and purchase the Cobb Intercooler. Guess what? Out of stock everywhere. Cobb says 3 to 4 weeks but said 3-7 days last week. Does anyone have a source at Cobb to check on availability of Cobb IC? Cobb refers me to the website.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Ready to pull the trigger and purchase the Cobb Intercooler. Guess what? Out of stock everywhere. Cobb says 3 to 4 weeks but said 3-7 days last week. Does anyone have a source at Cobb to check on availability of Cobb IC? Cobb refers me to the website.
I've run into the same issue with the Cobb catted downpipe, which is the one I want.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger and installed both the Cobb IC and MP Concepts upper and lower grilles on my 2018 Mustang EB. I ended up jacking the car on the pinch weld. Raised the front in two stages; jacking up one side then the other. Used the jack stands in stages also; first at the lowest setting then raised it by four teeth and that was sufficient to work under the front end. It was a long day but turned out great. Thanks for everyone’s help and input on this Mod. Next Mod will be are a set of Steeda Full-Length Low-Profile Chassis Jacking Rails and Steeda Ultralite 2-Point G-Trac Brace Ecoboost Automatic/GT500 (2018-2020).

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thats how I did mine. Kindda. Drove it straight up the ramps in the front drive and had plenty of room to install it. Took a few hours rolling around on my back in gale force winds but it was no real biggy to do. One thing I would strongly advise. Get a pro tune. Its day v night and to be honest I was concerned by the amount of ping I had on just stage one OTS. I no each car is different but it was enough for me to say na time for a pro tune.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Cobb Intercooler install went well. I had previously installed a Resonator Delete Y-Pipe (MRT Engineered Performance #90M100) and a Ford Performance by K&N Drop-In Replacement Air Filter (American Muscle #M-9601-M). Also added MagnaFlow 4”X9” oval (14” length) straight through mufflers. The Cobb Accessport V3 Stage 1 (93 octane) was an easy install and once the IC was in, I changed the ECU Map to Stage 2 (93 octane). It seems to run great so far.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The Cobb Intercooler install went well. I had previously installed a Resonator Delete Y-Pipe (MRT Engineered Performance #90M100) and a Ford Performance by K&N Drop-In Replacement Air Filter (American Muscle #M-9601-M). Also added MagnaFlow 4”X9” oval (14” length) straight through mufflers. The Cobb Accessport V3 Stage 1 (93 octane) was an easy install and once the IC was in, I changed the ECU Map to Stage 2 (93 octane). It seems to run great so far.
Please monitor corrections on cylinder 2 and 4. You should see only minor negative corrections if any at all im talking less the 1 degree if your hitting negative 3 or 4 degrees you need a tune. Ping should also be next to 0. But not unusual to see higher as it can be as simple as road noise or loose exhaust brackets and so on.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts