Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey so I'm mulling over whether or not to go with the new ecoboost or spend ten grand more for more power and consequently more weight. the High performance version of the EB seems to tick all the right boxes for me and the base GT handling is garbage (unless its changed from 2015) so here I am with a 400 crank hp v8 looking at 4 bangers. I already have 2 ecoboosts, a 2021 explorer and a 2016 2.7 F150. great engines... literally the only reason why im considering the GT is for the sound and 10K is a lot to pay for a different noise at the sacrifice of handling to go a little faster.

I'm looking to get something I won't have to change drastically to really scratch the itch and handling is definitely big on my list.

anyhow, here's my heap.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Sky Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
literally the only reason why im considering the GT is for the sound and 10K is a lot to pay for a different noise at the sacrifice of handling to go a little faster.
You're going to fit in just fine here.

·
Registered
Follow my Instagram @ boosted . jt
70 Posts
Hey so I'm mulling over whether or not to go with the new ecoboost or spend ten grand more for more power and consequently more weight. the High performance version of the EB seems to tick all the right boxes for me and the base GT handling is garbage (unless its changed from 2015) so here I am with a 400 crank hp v8 looking at 4 bangers. I already have 2 ecoboosts, a 2021 explorer and a 2016 2.7 F150. great engines... literally the only reason why im considering the GT is for the sound and 10K is a lot to pay for a different noise at the sacrifice of handling to go a little faster.

anyhow, here's my heap.
View attachment 42435

View attachment 42436

View attachment 42437
Exactly my dilemma when i wanted to purchase my EcoBoost, 10k just for a outdated interior, sound mod, more expensive mods/maintenance and worse MPG. Id say buy the EcoBoost and save the 10k for changes you want to make on your pony or premium options from factory. 10k is more than enough for cosmetics and performance mods, more than enough to smoke bolt on 5.0’s and snackpacks. Id just make sure you do thorough research on the platform just to make sure it suits your goals/needs for what you want out of it, and once you’re done with that you should be set afterwards.

·
Administrator
3,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Take the leap, we love our eco-mustangs.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You could take that 10K you saved and put it into performance upgrades and then go smoke a GT. I know I did....

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 6-speed manual, premium
63 Posts
You may not have the same grunt of the 5.0, but it is a great all-around car! If you can get into a new enough EcoBoost, you can even get magneride suspension, which I only wish was a thing in my 2016! Like many here, with under $3k in a tune and bolt-ons, you can have over 300hp and 400 tq hitting the ground while still capable of great gas mileage.

Reactions: John Holmes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If i can sell the cobra i might just order a hi po in atlas blue. they make you take magneride, the rs motor, and the GT brakes along with a bunch of other fancy crap lol.
i doubt anyone is gonna give me what i want for my Cobra and i refuse to take a bath on this thing, its too much fun to get lowballed.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
If i can sell the cobra i might just order a hi po in atlas blue. they make you take magneride, the rs motor, and the GT brakes along with a bunch of other fancy crap lol.
i doubt anyone is gonna give me what i want for my Cobra and i refuse to take a bath on this thing, its too much fun to get lowballed.
I don't see how you could possibly get "lowballed" on a functioning automobile in this market. Have you seen what used cars are going for?

·
Registered
476 Posts
We are in a once in a lifetime situation of low supply and high demand in which you will get top dollar for your used vehicle compared to any other time in history.

I traded a 2019 Ford Edge in on my stang and was given $1750.00 more for it than I paid for it new 2 years earlier, so drove it for 2 years and made money on it. Plus got a $38,000 2020 stang with 5800 miles on it for $26,000 out the door. I call that a win-win.

BD

·
Registered
476 Posts
You can go to kelly blue book.com or car gurus /carvana to get free estimate on what they value your car at for trade in or even go to local dealers for a free valuation.

Don't know until you check it out.

It is certainly a very well built car.

BD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks man, yeah carvana tried to get me to take a bath on it. There's just no way i can sell it for 13K, i'd rather beat the balls off it for a few years, let it appreciate, and then sell it for more or 13K later.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Definitely worth more than 13k for sure. If it's paid for then I would do the same thing by enjoying your creation to its fullest till you find the right deal for you and the future buyer.

Carvana does not take into account the hours and dedication to building a car like you have in your stang at all.

BD

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I guess that's true. im only asking 22K for it.
Holy sh!t, I just clicked into that, and that thing is in freakin mint condition! Yeah, there's no way that one of those resale places in going to give you what you could TRULY collect on this car. You're going to have to find a special buyer, but if you stay at it long enough, I'm sure you will.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The 97 SVT build is worth every penny of that $22,000 asking price. I think 25k is fair with the block & motor that is in that thing. Go join a specialty group on Facebook and post that thing for sale.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts