Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i need to decide where to go with my suspension on my 16 Ford Mustang. It’s my daily driver so something not to stiff. I’m leaning towards full air suspension i know it’s the most expensive way to go. But i love the look and be able to pull up to a meet get out of your car and air out haha. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated thank you

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I've never had air suspension, but I have followed a few cars down the road with air suspension and I've noticed that they bounce hard at every bump. So, I'm guessing the ride isn't very good, plus the tire wear may also be an issue.
Check out BMR springs and rear shock mounts. I run the red drag springs, which dropped the front an inch and a quarter, and the rear about a half inch. Plus I recently read that BMR now makes rear shock mounts that can lower the rear of your Mustang up to two inches.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have an Airlift suspension installed and my ride is actually less harsh than the lowering springs I had on prior. Once you dial in your default ride height, get it aligned and adjust the damping, the ride is great. Before I bagged the car, I did perform quite a few suspension upgrades firming things up with bracing and removing unwanted deflection from OEM bushings. This probably played into how well the car rides and feels on the bags.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I have an Airlift suspension installed and my ride is actually less harsh than the lowering springs I had on prior. Once you dial in your default ride height, get it aligned and adjust the damping, the ride is great. Before I bagged the car, I did perform quite a few suspension upgrades firming things up with bracing and removing unwanted deflection from OEM bushings. This probably played into how well the car rides and feels on the bags.
View attachment 42999
Hey!! I know that garage!!! 😂

Pretty sweet on the airlift, when did you put it in?

·
Registered
743 Posts
And one mored to show the compressor setup. Dual setup w/3gal tank and 3/8” line Running 150psi. There is also a coiled hose and air chuck I can plug in that reaches all four corners if I need to air up a tire. I put this together myself with the goal being to hide it in the spare tire well and not modify the cover. Mission accomplished!

Camera Camera lens Reflex camera Digital camera Camera accessory

Reactions: zhent

·
Registered
743 Posts
Reactions: MD18EcoStang

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
For those who may not know, @KewlWinter has one of the baddest Mustangs out there (that also happens to be an Ecoboost)... Check it out.
2018 EcoBoost in Florida
Considering I've taken a ride in it....I'm well aware. 😁

Also, he has one of the "baddest" home garages I've ever seen. A great place to do your work and be comfortable.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Considering I've taken a ride in it....I'm well aware. 😁

Also, he has one of the "baddest" home garages I've ever seen. A great place to do your work and be comfortable.
You're making me blush.;) Thanks for all the positives. (y) It was great working with you on your car @gatornek . My pleasure to help those who want to learn and need the help... or just want to socialize for that matter. I've been lucky to be able to pay things forward, as opportunity presents, from earlier times when I was mentored or received help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts